Pregnant DTD just before AF?

BlueWater

Reaction score
Hi. Hope you don't mind me posting here.
Has anyone got pregnant doing the deed 1, 2 and 3 days before AF?!

My theory is I'm on AF now, but :spermy: managed to swim close to my ovaries ready for an early ovulation (should it happen CD 1-5) and wham sperm and egg meet.

I know it's a long shot, but we've been NTNP for years, and don't get much chance to DTD. So just getting my hopes up.

I've never heard of that happening. I know people who got pregnant dtd just at the end of af but just before, no, never x

No I've never heard of it either. I think the sperm would have to be super sperm to survive those conditions before/during AF :thumbup:

I also think it is extremely unlikely if not impossible to ovulate before cycle day 5

I wouldn't think so. The sperm "can" live for up to 5 days if the environment is good, but typically they only live for 2/3 days. Plus, you'd typically not ovulate until later in your cycle unless you have a really short (like 3 week) cycle. And even then you'd not ovulate on CD 1....maybe CD 7, so again unlikely the sperm would still be alive at that point.

Sorry but I don't think it's likely

No i have never heard of anyone ovulating cd 1-5. I have heard of around cd 8, but not shorter than that. So i would say highly unlikely.

The other reason why you cant is the whole point of af is to shed the old uterus lining since there was no pregnancy. So it has to shed it before a new lining can develop prior to ovulation. If you were to ovulate before a new thick lining developed, you will not have a successful pregnancy as the egg cant implant.

My suggestion to you, is you really need to know your cycles if you are going to get pregnant. If you have a regular 28 day cycle, you should be ovulating around cd 12-16. If you dont know when you are ovulating, i suggest doing at least 3 cycles using opks so you can find out exactly when you should be dtd each month. Those tell you that you are going to ovulate within the next 36-48hrs roughly. If you dont know your own cycle, getting pregnant is like finding a needle in a haystack and its all then by chance and luck. But if you want a better chance of getting pregnant, then you need to know when exactly you ovulate.

My suggestion to you, is you really need to know your cycles if you are going to get pregnant. If you have a regular 28 day cycle, you should be ovulating around cd 12-16. If you dont know when you are ovulating, i suggest doing at least 3 cycles using opks so you can find out exactly when you should be dtd each month. Those tell you that you are going to ovulate within the next 36-48hrs roughly. If you dont know your own cycle, getting pregnant is like finding a needle in a haystack and its all then by chance and luck. But if you want a better chance of getting pregnant, then you need to know when exactly you ovulate.

This :) anything could help, I used an phone app to track my slightly irregular cycles, it has got them down to a T now. For my first I used a clear blue fertility monitor which very clearly shows ovulation day. Internet cheapies, ovulation sticks, all of these can help.
If you're doing it the laid back way the only thing I can suggest is regularly dtd throughout whole cycle. Good luck :)

Hi

The best thing is to have sex regularly through out your cycle from the end of one period to the next. There's lot of apps that can help but i found listening to my body is so much better. Changes in breasts starting to feel fuller, wanting more sex like now and changes in your vagina, feeling more sensitive and more lubricated more wet, feeling plumper and softer too. good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->