Pregnant Military Wife and Deployment

RyleighsMommy

Mother of 1 and expecting
Reaction score
I cant figure out how I am going to do this by myself. My husband is in the Army and was supposed to of gotten out March 1st, however he was stop-lossed. We found out in November that I was pregnant, and found out in December right before Christmas he was stop lossed and he had to leave for a month for training before his 2nd deployment. We are down to 3 weeks before he leaves and I am freaking out. My mind is going crazy thinking about what if he doesnt come home and Ryleigh can never meet her daddy, the most amazing man Ive ever met. Im due July 18th and am leaving the day after he deploys to go home and be with my family through his deployment. However I feel like I need to talk to some people who might be going through the same thing or have gone through it. I really need some support. :cry:

I cant imagine! All I have is :hug:

I went throught the first half of my pregnancy with hubby away in afghan. was the hardest thing ive been through. Is he likely to be home for the birth hun??

Hi honey,
I was 6 weeks pregger when OH went to sea and he won't be back until 2 weeks before the baby arrives. It is really hard but make sure you write to each other, email and phone as much as possible. It's a horrid situation to be in and to be honest, I think it is worse for the guys as they really want to be home to protect you and see that you are ok.

I miss my hubby like mad and cry a lot that he's not here but I try to stay [positive for the baby and also when hubby phones because it is distressing for them to hear us so sad.

You will get through it. Just think of the day he gets home and focus on how happy you will be.

Thinking of you.

The middle east is safer now than it has ever been. If he has to go out, now is the best time. I know that doesn't help, but there are quite a few military wives on here so hopefully we can try and keep you sane. :hugs:

Errrgg. :hissy: Deployments are the WORST! A lot of Americans don't realize the sacrifice the entire military family makes - not just the soldier. I feel for you and know exactly what you are going through.

Although I was reluctant at first, I learned that taking advantage of all the support groups that the base offers is one the best ways to help you get through the tough times. You get to meet women who are in the same boat you are. And let's face it - no one can really understand what you are going through except someone who is going through it with you.

Also, before your hubby leaves, be sure to communicate as much as possible. On my husbands first deployment, we didn't talk about it and just pushed the issue under the rug as if it were a normal activity in everyday life. I learned the hard way - that can definitely make things more difficult once he is gone. So talk about any questions you have and how worried you are.

Good Luck! And I know I am far away, but if you need any support - anytime - let me know!!

big :hug: sweetie, I know what you're going through and its horrible. My hubby has been away on tour since beginning of November and we didn't find out I was pregnant until middle of November!!! Bubs was conceived on pre-tour leave :happydance: It is lonely but there are lots of people who are going through the same thing that can give you support - people on your base, on here and friends and family at home. The best thing is to let people know how you are coping and be open about needing help and support and letting them give that to you. I'm guessing at where your hubby is going and as someone has already said its not as bad out there as it used to be so try not to worry too much and definitely be positive when he gets chance to ring - its really hard for them out there and speaking to you will cheer him up and get him through it. Oh and write often as that keeps you sane!!

If you need to chat then I'm here for you hun just like all the other military wives on here :hugs:

Have you considered joining an American Legion or VFW? They provide awesome support and all of the wives have been through what you're going through. FRGs are great but there are bad ones out there so the service organizations are a good alternative.

Yep, I understand what you are going through, it is difficult at times esp being pregnant, but we are all here to support each other, your not the only one going through this hope you feel a little better knowing that xx

*hugs* my dad is in the army. They keep him stateside but those long rounds of summer camp and training suck....

I'm not in the exact position as you, but I know it's hard. I'm sorry...

i gotta give you kudos, big kudos. i am an army wife, been through deployment/training/courses, but in Canada there is no such thing as stop lossing, and frankly I am not sure how they can actually do it. never mind the deployment lengths as well. We only go for 6-9 months, and even the 9 is too long on some. I give you big big kudos for doing what you do. And big hugs for a stupid deployment at a wrong time.

Hi, I am in a similar boat. My husband is in the army and I am 3 months pregnant. He has just gone away for 2 months training and I'm finding it so hard.
I know he will be back well before the birth but it's having to go through this in the mean time on my own.

It is so hard and I don't know how we do it.

If you ever want to chat just pm me.

xxx

*hugs*, I also understand, I'm 30weeks pregnant, can't walk and my hubby is away until the end of next month, I'm here if you need to talk x

Hey hun,
I know how you feel. I am always here. I am a Marine wife. I don't know how it feels to go on a deployement as well as I am not pregnant. but If there is anything I can do, let me know! Stay strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->