Pregnant mummies with older children

Eleanor ace

Reaction score
How are you doing? :flower:
I have 2 LO's (22 months and 3.5 years). DD is a bad sleeper, DS is going through a poor sleep phase and I'm sooo tired :sleep:. I'm still in that stage where I want to sleep all the time but my children just aren't playing ball. I'm averaging 4 hours a night at the moment and considering writing my children out of my will :haha:.
Day times aren't tooo bad, we are having more sitting down time which I feel bad about but hopefully I'll get more energy once 2nd tri hits.
How are you all getting through the days,have you had to cut back on activities with your LO's?

Shattered lol!

I only have a 2 year old but he's got soooo much energy and doesn't stop ALL day. I do feel really sorry for him actually as I've got HG so I'm sick ALL day so we haven't been anywhere in so long and I know he's really bored. He's been waking up early recently aswel which doesn't help I just want to stay in bed lol.

I hve a 21 month old with speacial needs
I'm lucky he still naps so I go to bed with him for his first nap.
Would you hve anyone who could give u s break of a morning
One is hard enough.
I can imagine with 2 uvget no break xxx

My son is 9 and autistic, I home school him due to his problems but this first tri has been so hard that I had to hire a tutor for him to keep on top of his school work. I feel so guilty but the HG has made it impossible to carry on as normal. Hoping I will feel better soon as feeling like a pretty bad mummy at the moment :( it annoys me that I just don't feel well enough to do what I normally do. Roll on second tri, only a week left!

Oh my gosh I can't imagine having HG with a child to look after, that must be so hard :hugs:.
Lilesmom, my DD is quite high needs, she struggles when she's with someone else and we always have at least 1 night of zero sleep where she has to be touching me constantly to make up for it so the break doesn't feel worth it! My DS is at nursery 2.5 days a week though so I just have 1 at home then and it is a lot easier :).
Maryanne I so know what you mean about feeling annoyed about not being able to do what you normally do. I work from home and usually it is fine fitting it in around the children in the evenings but now I feel so tired I am useless by the time the kids are in bed. I have so much to catch up on :(. It must be really hard having to take a break from home schooling your son, but hopefully having a tutor is working out for all of you :hugs:

:hugs: that's so hard xx

My two are 10 and 8 and in school 8.45 - 12.15 (half day fri) and I'm doing a couple of voluntary shifts a week and Open Uni which I can fit in when I am able.

I've been soo tired with this pregnancy so far so feel really lucky that I haven't got a heavy schedule and younger children would have me fully ehausted :hugs:

MaryAnne,needing help tutoring isn't a bad thing
U r doing ur best for ur child xxx
U need a break too.
If ur too sick then ur soo right to get a tutor so he doesn't miss out xxx
Hope u feel better soon. X

Eleanor I get it.
a break isn't,a break of u pay for it big time after :-D
Hurray fir nursery :-D

MaryAnne,needing help tutoring isn't a bad thing
U r doing ur best for ur child xxx
U need a break too.
If ur too sick then ur soo right to get a tutor so he doesn't miss out xxx
Hope u feel better soon. X

Eleanor I get it.
a break isn't,a break of u pay for it big time after :-D
Hurray fir nursery :-D

Thank you :) that made me feel much better!

All my kids have school 8 to 3. So I'm getting time to rest.

Maryanne ur Sep sweetpea pic is really cute :-D

Keybird. I'm both dreading and looking forward to school
Must ve a nice break but I'll miss him loads :-D

He isn't even 2 yet though
So school is a bit off :-D

My kids are older at 13 and 9 right now. They are in school from 7-3 (my son, the oldest) and 8-4 (my daughter) and I work 8-4. They each have different fathers and different visitation schedules we mutually arranged so are away visiting them for the evening at times during the week and every other weekend which gives me solo time. They are also very independent and pretty well behaved so aren't any trouble at home. When this baby comes, however, I know I'm in for a rude awakening! What a change it will be to have to get up multiple times throughout the night and have a LO in need of constant care and attention :wacko: Plus I am determined to breastfeed so that will be trying and time consuming, especially at first. I am nervous about balancing a newborn, work, home duties and my two other children.

School sounds amazing right now :haha:. My DS starts in September, I wonder if I can sneak my DD in with him :haha:

Buy ,a big school bag Eleanor
Dd might fit in it :-D

Ive been wondering how Il get on with 2 as well mamabunny
But we will be fine
Cos we will hve to be :-D

No point worrying now, it's ages away.
My lil guy has physio, ot, speech,and Lang appointments and more
I intend bf too
But if it doesn't work out I won't beat myself up
We will sort ourselves out when the time cones
Ur kids are,great ages, they might even help u xxx

My son just started preschool at the end of January, but he's only there 4 days a week for 3 hours a day, so not really any time to nap for me. Thankfully he's pretty good at independent play and there's not much in our home that he can get in trouble with so I'll try to take light naps while he's here in the afternoons. I'm usually so tired by the end of the day I end up going to bed when my son does at 7-8pm.

Good afternoon everyone! I have a step son who is 11, he is with us every other weekend. Our 3 kids together are 6, 4, and 21 months. My youngest and only boy (aside from when big brother visits) is also a HORRIBLE sleeper and still wakes to nurse and refuses to sleep in his bed. It's actually completely cramping our style. By our, I mean my husband and I. Any advice??? My husband is less than thrilled about our surprise #4 pregnancy I'm 7 weeks today. We have been having some issues, especially because we have no time alone and our sex life has dwindled. Sometimes, multiple babies really puts the pressure on a marriage and makes it so painful for me. I hope things calm down soon.

I'm very similar to you, DS 1 is 3.5, DS 2 is 19 months and I'm 10 weeks pregnant.
I'm also exhausted!! By the time my two are in bed I'm shattered. I've been falling asleep on the sofa the last few nights as I just can't keep my eyes open! It's hard isn't it and my back is already hurting, what is it going to be like in a few months time!!

My eldest is also starting school in September, I'm dreading getting everyone up and dressed and to school for 9am though :wacko:

I think after reading this thread I ought to quit my whinging ;) I only have 1 toddler and no HG! I do feel bad for LO though as I have been completely zapped of energy and feel so nauseous, especially if I move around too much. All I want to do is veg out.
The telly has definitely been on far too much on my day's off. Luckily DH has been great and taking her out to the park and shops at weekend!

Hope everyone feels better soon!

The great thing about home schooling is I can slightly change the times of the school day so means don't have to get up early for school runs. Means if I've had a night of bad sickness I can kinda get away with an 8am lie in. My boy is high needs but he's always happy with a lie in.

I don't know how you all manage with multiple little ones, hats off to you! My oh and DS are already planning our next little one much to my dismay! Apparently they would both like two more. Lovely how they plan it between themselves lol. I think this little one plus my ds is more than enough for me!

DD1 is 9 and DS is 8, and I am so ready for them to be back in school.

The new school year starts here next Monday so they'll be gone from 8-4.

DD1 helps out so much with DD2 so she's a little angel but with all the neighbourhood kids and friends on school holidays, there're always groups of them running in and out of my house wanting to grab bikes/toys/snacks/drinks so that combined with my 5 month old and neverending queasiness is just overwhelming and exhausting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->