Pregnant mummies with older children

I'm knackered. Though working full time and just starting a college course as part of that probably does not help. I've just cut my hours back to 28 too. Sickness is just beginning and when it hits I feel like shit.

I've been taking an afternoon nap when I can. Usually about 1.30-3. We choose a movie and the kids cuddle in. They are old enough to understand why I need a wee Nap and know to wake me (I'm a super light sleeper anyway).

We are so busy day to day that I know im going to need to slow down.

Good afternoon everyone! I have a step son who is 11, he is with us every other weekend. Our 3 kids together are 6, 4, and 21 months. My youngest and only boy (aside from when big brother visits) is also a HORRIBLE sleeper and still wakes to nurse and refuses to sleep in his bed. It's actually completely cramping our style. By our, I mean my husband and I. Any advice??? My husband is less than thrilled about our surprise #4 pregnancy I'm 7 weeks today. We have been having some issues, especially because we have no time alone and our sex life has dwindled. Sometimes, multiple babies really puts the pressure on a marriage and makes it so painful for me. I hope things calm down soon.

My DD is a poor sleeper too, she is up hourly most nights and regularly has nights where she only sleeps for 2-3 hours, it makes things stressful with my DH because although I'm the one who gets up with her his sleep gets disturbed too and it makes him grumpy. How often is your LO up? I'm not sure how it works in the US (I'm in the UK) but here if you have a bad sleeper (as in, not just getting up a couple of times a night but frequently and getting less sleep than they should) you can go to sleep clinics, take part in sleep studies and that helps a lot of people. Maybe there is something like that there? Have you talked to your husband about things you can do to get that couples time together- maybe a date night once a month, or try a different sleeping arrangement :hugs:

I have 2 girls who were born 16 months apart, so my second was easy peasy as i was still in full swing of baby stuff.
LORD HELP ME cos i am so tired right now, luckily the girls sleep well, so when this new baby comes i am going to feel it!

My lil guy sleeps in our bed too
he has epilepsy so I'm afraid to move him to his own room.
He also prob wouldn't move :-D
It def gets in the way of closeness with oh
We hve his cot wedged between our wall and bed
OH took off one side so munchkin feels like he is in bed with us
Even when he isn't
It makes more room in the bed anyway :-D

I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old who are totally full on, Thank Goodness my DD is in school full time but my DS decided to drop his nap and I am puking, knackered and soooooooooo shattered I just want to sleep but he is having none of it and as soon as my DD gets home from school she wants to bake/colour/run around like mad and I am like a vegatable! Roll on 2nd tri!

Knackered dd2 sleep is still sporadic waking anywhere from 1-6 times usually the later.
She has had a minor cold lately but the mucus sitting on her chest she decided to puke in our bed at 2 am .
Dd1 is going through a whiny tantrum stage I swear she doesn't even speak to me everything is whined I have to keep reminding her to use her big girl voice I just feel worn down by it all at the end of the day.
Also if I dare sit down both are fighting EVERY time to sit on my lap normally lovely but I'm so tired and irritable its driving me up the wall being constantly elbowed nudged ,trying to drink a cuppa without wearing it. Roll on second trimester and hopefully dd2 will start sleeping but I don't hold out much hope as dd1 didn't sleep through till 18 months.:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->