Pregnant on Cymbalta

sjp31

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to this site and to pregnancy. I am 5 weeks pregnant with my first child. I am currently on Cymbalta, 20MG. I made the mistake of searching on the internet, about weaning off or staying on Cymbalta. I am now scared out of my mind. Posts about miscarriages when trying to wean off, posts about birth defects. I am seeing my doctor sometime this week to discuss it. Has anyone stayed on Cymbalta and had a healthy baby? Or has anyone weaned themselves off Cymbalta and had a healthy baby? Or done this and had issues? Also, has anyone switched from Cymbalta to another drug that is considered safe during pregnancy? Any advice is appreciated. Thank You :)

Welcome!
I am also on Cymbalta. My doctor told me to first call my primary (who prescribed me the Cymbalta) and ask him what he thinks about it during pregnancy.

The truth is, according to my doctor, there just has not been enough testing done in regards to antidepressant medication during pregnancy. What has been done has mostly been on rats and they are given very high doses.

You have to consult with the doctor who prescribed it and see what they say. Sometimes the stress from coming off a medication is worse than the affects of the actual medication on your pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->