Pregnant or Ovarian Cyst? Am I Just Wanting Things Too Early, Or...?

5Miracles

Reaction score
...should I possibly look into making a doctors appt?

Had a normal cycle 12/15 to 12/19, then again unexpectedly from 1/5-1/9. BD'd the week of the 20th, and since then have had these symptoms:

• Dizziness when standing
  • Slight nausea intermittently throughout the day
  • Constipation
  • Gas, both abdominal and the kind to clear a room
  • Cramping (but not the regular full-blown painful kind)
  • High, hard closed cervix a few days ago (have not checked since)
  • Headaches several mornings in a row
  • Tired, tired and did I say, TIRED
  • Regular CM--not creamy, not egg-whitey, just regular moistness
  • ...and NO AF whatsoever --just ONE small light pink spotting on 2/2 and FOUR :bfn: on 3 different days
I finally broke down and told a good friend my suspicions that I may be pregnant, and she said it could be an ovarian cyst since they can bring about the same symptoms. I've not ever had one before, but I guess that doesn't mean it can't start now.

HELP!--am I making a mountain over a molehill?--I'm not THAT late, but sheesh--I would think I'd get a BFP by now if it were there...sigh..this waiting SUCKS!!!!!

Thanks for reading and any thoughts you can share!!!

...no one...?

Well, I still pray for all of you to have healthy BFP's VERY soon!:flower:

It's really late here so I will be back tomorrow to post - but I've had experience with cysts (do not have pcos I'm told though) - will look back in my app and fill you in! Be back soon!

I keep reading that ovarian cysts can cause pregnancy symptoms. I am in the SAME boat you are... My AF is late, having mild AF cramping, sore boobs, and every test I've taken has been BFN including one I just took a few mins ago. I've come to the conclusion I'm possibly dealing with a cyst. Super annoying!

seems like theres a few ladies at the moment with late afs and bfns.
but I remember with my first pregnancy having the dizziness very early on (It wasn't planned but a week before I tested) and the tiredness. if that helps.

Sorry I'm just getting back to you now..! So basically what happened in my CONFIRMED experience with a cyst (I know I've had them other times but this was a beast symptoms-wise so had to get things checked out)... I had my usual ovulation pain, then things seemed normal with post ov symptoms (felt sore and pinchy on the ovary I ovulated from from the corpus luteum, boobs sore, oily skin, extreme low energy, etc etc.)... Until the pain in that ovary started to build, along with intensifying progesterone symptoms - nauseated, etc. I basically felt very 'pregnant' and had horrendous pain in my ovary - it was burning stabbing shooting, radiating down into my groin and down my leg, couldn't walk right - it was intense intense pain.... I started spotting seven days before my period was due and it was black and clotted and got progressively heavier (basically like a black period)... Then I started red flow. This cycle was one of my shorter ones, 25 days... Last seven days of which I spotted black/dark. The day I started my period the pain was ungodly, I was sick to my stomach, convulsing in pain, fever, etc. I went a few days later for an ultrasound and the cyst was still hanging out. It lasted for a few months, but the worst pain was certainly that first month. I think once you experience the pain from a cyst/leaking cyst, you never forget - it is a very distinct type of pain.

So, that is my experience... Cysts can cause really intense symptoms because progesterone keeps pumping. I had the symptoms you described (constipation, etc.) They can also delay or prevent your period. For me, my period plowed through but the cyst persisted. All this said, my cyst caused this amount of pain because it was leaking - you could have one that's just hanging out that could cause milder pain and the symptoms you describe. OR, you could be pregnant.

Hope my experience helps in some way (?!) and hope you're well!

Updates?

Sorry I'm just getting back to you now..! So basically what happened in my CONFIRMED experience with a cyst (I know I've had them other times but this was a beast symptoms-wise so had to get things checked out)... I had my usual ovulation pain, then things seemed normal with post ov symptoms (felt sore and pinchy on the ovary I ovulated from from the corpus luteum, boobs sore, oily skin, extreme low energy, etc etc.)... Until the pain in that ovary started to build, along with intensifying progesterone symptoms - nauseated, etc. I basically felt very 'pregnant' and had horrendous pain in my ovary - it was burning stabbing shooting, radiating down into my groin and down my leg, couldn't walk right - it was intense intense pain.... I started spotting seven days before my period was due and it was black and clotted and got progressively heavier (basically like a black period)... Then I started red flow. This cycle was one of my shorter ones, 25 days... Last seven days of which I spotted black/dark. The day I started my period the pain was ungodly, I was sick to my stomach, convulsing in pain, fever, etc. I went a few days later for an ultrasound and the cyst was still hanging out. It lasted for a few months, but the worst pain was certainly that first month. I think once you experience the pain from a cyst/leaking cyst, you never forget - it is a very distinct type of pain.

So, that is my experience... Cysts can cause really intense symptoms because progesterone keeps pumping. I had the symptoms you described (constipation, etc.) They can also delay or prevent your period. For me, my period plowed through but the cyst persisted. All this said, my cyst caused this amount of pain because it was leaking - you could have one that's just hanging out that could cause milder pain and the symptoms you describe. OR, you could be pregnant.

Hope my experience helps in some way (?!) and hope you're well!

Updates?

OH.MY.GOOD.LORD!!!---I am SOOOO sorry you went thru all of that!!! Radiating pain and not being able to walk right?!?---ok, I don't have that, but I still am sorry you did....jayzus! I am spotting off and on---I soaked one tampon then stopped...I am going to be the 'worst case scenario' person and tentatively call it a period...but I just don't know what to think :( ...I cussed my DH out in a text ramble last night (which honestly, is NOT me and even he was like "WHOA--where did THAT come from?!?"...poor guy...and I roared at my daughter this morning when she was lollygagging getting dressed for school---I get impatient with my kids at times but I truly am not a roaring type mom...she even asked why I was being "so mean"...I apologized to both my DH and my DD...I'm still loopy feeling too, like I'm dizzy at certain times...dammit..

I keep reading that ovarian cysts can cause pregnancy symptoms. I am in the SAME boat you are... My AF is late, having mild AF cramping, sore boobs, and every test I've taken has been BFN including one I just took a few mins ago. I've come to the conclusion I'm possibly dealing with a cyst. Super annoying!

SORRY ladies--I don't know how to 'multi quote' yet...

I hope with all my heart that this means a healthy BFP for you!!!! Nocystnocystnocyst!!!!--I am praying and keeping my fingers crossed for sure...do you have any other painful symptoms...?

seems like theres a few ladies at the moment with late afs and bfns.
but I remember with my first pregnancy having the dizziness very early on (It wasn't planned but a week before I tested) and the tiredness. if that helps.

I know, right? I am so happy for them, but truth be told---I wish that healthy BFPs could be spread around for everyone ;)....BUIGHUGS to you...:flower:

THANK YOU LADIES SO MUCH FOR REPLYING!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->