Pregnant or pill mess up?

Rellis6

Reaction score
So I'm on birth control, 8 years, and last week I tool an antibiotic for 5 days. On the last day of my antibiotics(this monday) I missed a birth control pills and then a second one the exact next day (tuesday). I have had unprotected sex the week of my antibiotics and on Monday and Wednesday. I'm currently having brown discharge but I believe it to be from missing pills. I get my period in 2 weeks, but I'm just unsure and wondering if anyone has any opinions or experiences like this. We will be trying to conceive in about 8 months, but we don't mind if it happens right now.

Hi, I was on BC for a couple years and I did have once where I missed a pill close to when I was supposed to have AF anyway so it started sooner than usual and was a very different kind of discharge that was brown and (TMI) smelled different. My was just AF starting but I always kept taking my BC pills as I usually would. I hope others have more insight for you!

What you, OP described above is how two of my friends IRL had unplanned pregnancies. So if I were you, I'd consider testing when the time comes just in case. Good luck either way :)

Specifically, the antibiotics negated the birth control pills in both cases.

I had a bleed once when I took my BC pill late once. I know it is not the same scenario but it is possible that the antibiotics did mess with your hormones a bit. I didn't end up pregnant but I was worried that I was. Since it happened 2 weeks before AF was due, I thought I was bleeding from ovulation but it turned out to just be breakthrough bleeding. You could be having breakthrough bleeding, or ovulation bleeding. The only way to really know is to test. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->