Pregnant teen dealing with morning sickness

candicelayla

Reaction score
Good morning, ladies. I know I'm too young to be pregnant at 14...but I am. I am 7 weeks along but am sick of having morning sickness. I can't do much of anything. I can't lay on the couch, I can't keep much down, I get awake at night to dry heave or throw up...but more importantly I can't go to school or go anywhere away from the house. Is there anything I can do to help with the morning sickness? Any tips would be great. Thanks.

Hey girl. I feel your pain! I was just hospitalized with severe dehydration because of non stop sickness. This is my third pregnancy and I never had it this bad can't leave the house or couch it's been a week! You can ask your Dr for meds, I'm in Canada so we have diclectin. It helps. Other than meds not much else unfortunately. When I was in hospital 2 days ago they sent a dietician to explain how to manage nausea. Basically don't eat and drink at same time. If you eat, drink only 30 minutes later. Try bland foods, dry foods, ginger blah blah blah nothing helps except meds and time. It will pass by beginning of second trimester. Good luck xx

I find ginger is helpful, ginger ale, ginger biscuits etc, also I've been taking vitamin B6 as some say it can reduce morning sickness, I've still had some sickness and nausea but so far less than my previous pregnancy so I'd say its worth a try. I also wear travel sickness accupressure wristbands which help a bit.

If you can't stay hydrated then that's bad for you and baby so it may be worth getting anti sickness medication from your doctor. I had some last time that really helped. Some doctors are reluctant to prescribe them as no meds are considered 100% safe in pregnancy but many are very safe, they just don't test drugs on pregnant women so they don't have the statistics. If they feel you and/or your baby are at risk if dehydration then they will treat you.

Visit your doctor or call and request medication or info on what you can take. There are def options in the US. Best of luck. The sickness is the worse.

I find ginger is helpful, ginger ale, ginger biscuits etc, also I've been taking vitamin B6 as some say it can reduce morning sickness, I've still had some sickness and nausea but so far less than my previous pregnancy so I'd say its worth a try. I also wear travel sickness accupressure wristbands which help a bit.

If you can't stay hydrated then that's bad for you and baby so it may be worth getting anti sickness medication from your doctor. I had some last time that really helped. Some doctors are reluctant to prescribe them as no meds are considered 100% safe in pregnancy but many are very safe, they just don't test drugs on pregnant women so they don't have the statistics. If they feel you and/or your baby are at risk if dehydration then they will treat you.

I'm going to try that with the ginger. Maybe do it with crackers and tea. I'll try the bracelets as well.

As far as keeping stuff down. I'm finding it's solids I have the most trouble with. I can drink water, juice, tea, coffee, diet soda, broth, soup, smoothies and ice cream no problem. It's when I eat that I get the most nauseous. I'm getting a little tired of just having soup and protein shakes. I want to be able to keep something substantial down.

Definitely talk to your doc about anti nausea stuff if it is too much for you to handle. Preggie pops are great too..
https://www.amazon.com/Three-Lollie...&qid=1445114644&sr=8-11&keywords=preggie+pops

they have drops instead of pops as well (like cough drops) if you want to be more discreet about it. I usually have a pocketful when I go out walking. Try and get outside in the fresh air a bit, it helps. Even if it's just a few minutes in a chair on the porch or wherever.

I'm going to try that with the ginger. Maybe do it with crackers and tea. I'll try the bracelets as well.

As far as keeping stuff down. I'm finding it's solids I have the most trouble with. I can drink water, juice, tea, coffee, diet soda, broth, soup, smoothies and ice cream no problem. It's when I eat that I get the most nauseous. I'm getting a little tired of just having soup and protein shakes. I want to be able to keep something substantial down.

I wanted to update you guys. My mom and I went to our local Target and we got some ginger ale and an anti nausea bracelet. Then we went to an Asian market and picked up some ginger candy. I've been sitting, eating the ginger candy and I don't feel as nauseous. I even managed to keep a sandwich down. I broke out in my own little happy dance and celebrated.

Glad the ginger is working, that's what worked for me as well. Keep us posted on how your doing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->