Pregnant with #3 and really want a girl

Ughh I feel so bad tonight. I've been hit with ms since last week and it always starts at 6 pm. Its rediculous and making me sick to my stomach. I know its definitely worse than my last pregnancy (I dont think I even had ms with him) but I dont remember if it was worse or the same as my first. Anyway, out of frustration, I complained to my dh that this time I am so miserable and I've never experienced ms like this. Dh called home and got all excited. He asked me how I was doing and said since I feel different than the last two times maybe we're having a girl. My heart shrunk and I told him not to get his hopes up and he said he doesnt care about the gender but just thought it could be a girl because of my symptoms.

He tries to hide and say he doesnt care if its another boy but he's just doing that to reassure me. I know he's secretly crossing his fingers for a girl.

My symptoms this time made everyone think girl, even my scans looked like girl nubs. My hubby said the same but when we found out it was another boy he was disappointed he said more than he thought. Mostly because he wanted to give me a girl seeing as we are not having anymore. You have a chance it's a girl; don't loose hope. I hope you get what you want

Went to my 8 week u/s today. Doctor changed my edd to 10/9, putting me at 8w4d. After I got out to my car, i posted the pic on the ingender forum to get guesses on the gender. I only got 2 responses, and both said boy. One of them is really good at guessing, this was based off the ramzi theory btw.

I gotta admit, my heart shrunk a little. I kept telling myself all that matters is a healthy baby and we plan on having 1 more anyway...but i cant brush off the disappointment that this may be another boy. Especially all the crap people will be saying. I know the ramzi theory or even the nub theory is not 100% accurate and doesnt always work but it opens up the possibility.

So glad everything went well with your scan. I know nothing about the ramzi theory but I feel you still have a chance at getting a girl.

Some ladies i met on here and other forums as well, finally got their desired gender after having 2 of the same gender, i will be really sad at that moment if i didnt end up with what i wanted. A part of me is upset at our sex life because we only have sex once in a blue moon, i feel that plays a role as well. We conceived our last son the same way last time, after a few months of the dry spell, we had a spur of the moment around O day and conceived him.

I am wondering if girls are harder to concieve in general. I know it can go both ways, but I see more women on here having a hard time trying to get their girl than the other way around.

I think it depends on the couple. I know people say its always 50/50 but I don't believe that. I only have sisters ( 3 of us) and my only brother is adopted. My MIL has only sons (4) and all sons only have boys. My cousin is trying for a boy and has 5 daughters. I read an article once about this..lets c if I can find it.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081211121835.htm

Not sure if its proven yet but looking at my family history it makes sense. I think my hubby has more y sperm.

Sorry just putting my 2 cents in here as I find it interesting - I do think it is maybe a family thing my family is 3 girls and my brother is the youngest (8 years younger than me) he has 2 girls BUT my sisters and I all had a boy 1st and then a girl :shrug: so odd :wacko:

I hope you ladies all get your girls but if you don't boys rock :hugs:

I dont know how its going to work out for us because no one in my family has ever had the same gender. My mom has 6 kids (and 1 miscarriage). I am her only child from a previous marriage, but in specific order she had G,B (miscarriage), G.G,B,B,G. As you can see she has a nice mix. My biological father (who I've never been in contact with but my other relatives have) has mixed genders as well. My in laws have 2 boys and 1 girl. Hopefully, if this kid is not a girl, the next one will be. If my 4th is another boy...well I give up.

Looking back maybe it just depends on the person. My FIL has 9 sisters and only one brother so my MIL should have had atleast one girl. My MIL also has 3 brothers and 4 sisters. My dad had a brother and 3 sisters and my mom has 3 brothers and 4 sisters so from my side and my hubbies side, everyone had mixed gender families. Its our generation that started with the one gender ones. Looking at the study though and how biology works, its not us moms who decides the gender, its the father. We only have x and the father gives us x or y to determine gender so what gender kids our moms had probably wouldn't matter.

Anything is possible but I find it strange how one person can keep getting the same gender over and over again if its 50/50. I read once about a woman who had 13 oe 14 boys in a row.

If I end up having another boy, I honestly think our sex life has a bit to blame...or maybe a lot lol. This is not 100%, but some research shows that if you want a girl, you should have sex often, preferably every other day, and abstain 3 days before ovulation. I know a lot of women probably have sex often anyway, and end up with boys, but for us we stopped having regular sex after ds1...life just got too busy, and last time we conceived with 1 try. Samt thing this time. I told dh that if we keep getting boys, its because our one time "fling" eliminates the possibility of having any girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->