Pregnant with 8 Month Old :(

Livvy

Reaction score
Hi all. I posted this in the breastfeeding forum, but wanted to post it here too in case anyone has experienced this, or just has advice or hugs!

I am totally freaking out over here. I just found out a few hours ago that I'm pregnant again, and I was really hoping to nurse my 8 month old until he's 2! There are soooo many things I am stressed about, firstly, I tested in the first place because he was acting hungry after nursing which is very unusual for him. He also has been more interested in solids in the last week which I now know is probably because my supply tastes different or is already lower. His last few poops have been pretty hard, which makes me think he's not getting enough fluid (he is teething, too though, so that may be part of it. 3 teeth through in the last week). Now I'm afraid I may have to start supplementing. :'(

To top it all off, I am dairy, soy, and egg free which has done wonders for his eczema, but now I'm worried that I will have even more trouble making milk for him as my body will be maintaining a pregnancy as well.

Trying hard not to be sad but I am pretty upset about something hurting our nursing relationship. It has been wonderful until now. Could use some help and virtual hugs. :cry:

To be honest hun, his interest in solids could be totally unrelated to you being pregnant. It's quite normal at that age to drink less, and when they start eating more solids hard poop normally follows. Can you offer juice or water with solids in a sippy cup? If he's still hungry maybe he just needs a bit more solid food? We always give dd solids followed by milk. Lots of women breastfeed while pregnant and if it something you chose to do if consult a lactation consultant to give you advice.

I'm 6 weeks pregnant with a six month old. For me finding out I was pregnant was when I chose to start weaning her off the breast. My breasts are very sore, and since dd feeds alot I was struggling with the night feeds. I wanted DH to be able to help out with feeding duties. I'm lucky though as my dd doesn't care where her food comes through as long as she gets it. Another major factor for me was I know I will more than likely end up in hospital a lot this pregnancy so I want her to be able to take her food from daddy. I have struggled with guilt though. Although we are overjoyed at another pregnancy, and it was planned, I felt bad about weaning her off the breast. Although I try to not let these feelings get me down as I don't want it to spoil the excitement for baby number 3.

The way I look at it is my daughter is still being fed, she's still happy and we are still just as close. But now I'm giving my body a well earned rest before I start feeding the new little edition.

Why dont yoy switch to bottle?
It prob wont be good nutrition wise for the baby for you ronhave such restrictions in your diet while pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->