Pregnant with IUD?

ale

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten pregnant with the Copper IUD in place?
In January I spotted 3 times, face started breaking out and I gained weight so I went to OBGYN thinking something was wrong with my thyroid or hormones so all that was fine after labs were drawn. He gave me birth control pills to help regulate my period and control acne. I started bleeding after I started taking pills and here I am on valentines day still bleeding :cry:. About 4 days ago I started bleeding way more than usual and the nurse at the hospital I work at told me it could be an ectopic. I googled and found out people with IUD's are at higher risk of getting pregnant (ectopic) so I took a dollar tree test which came back positive. SO I went to Walmart that day and bought the equate blue dye test and took it the next morning. Faint positive. Next morning another faint positive but more noticeable. Next morning I take a FRER, and nothing. This morning I took another FRER and its barely a positive, then I took a digital and not pregnant?? I'm confused. Plus last month he said my IUD was in place, ( he looked at it, no ultrasound confirmation). I'm lost... ugh! Trying to upload pics of tests

It's possible, nothing is 100 percent. Digital are less sensitive than other tests. It's quite possibly ectopic, my sister had ectopic with an iud. See if u can upload the pics x

Let me try.. My phone is acting stupid! Was she bleeding?
How did she find out? ANd were her tests showing up positive?

It's possible, nothing is 100 percent. Digital are less sensitive than other tests. It's quite possibly ectopic, my sister had ectopic with an iud. See if u can upload the pics x

If there is any chance it's ectopic please get to your accident and emergency. Good luck!

idk how good these pictures are

Attachments

• IMAG0120_1.jpg
    IMAG0120_1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 82
  • IMAG0326.jpg
    IMAG0326.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 103
FRER is today FMU...

Attachments

• IMAG0370.jpg
    IMAG0370.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0379.jpg
    IMAG0379.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 95
If you are concerned about ectopic you def need to go to get checked out, it's very dangerous and could end up rupturing. If you didn't have lines on your tests I would say it's just your copper iud as I have had mine over a year and my cycles are only just getting back to normal (although iv never really had regular cycles anyway!) however I can see those lines and think you should get checked, especially if you are bleeding and if you are having any heavy feeling or pain. Good luck x

But my thing is they are getting lighter and the digital said not pregnant, after i took the FRER this morning

Digital are much less sensitive. I see your lines. My sisters tests were showing positive and she had a bit of bleeding. She was also in pain. I would go and see your gp asap just in case. They may do a test there and it may shoe as negative bit they're tests are less sensitive than these. X

My best friend is currently 5 months pregnant with a baby conceived while she had an iud! It's definitely possible. I say go to the doc if you are worried about ectopic! Also, something could have implanted but was close to the iud which made you have an early miscarriage. When my friend went to the doctor to get her iud removed the doctor told her most babies that are able to implant usually do it too close to the iud and are unable to fully implant, hers was on the other side of her uterus though.

I got pregnant with the iud in twice. They didn't believe me the first time, even with my positive test in their face. Then I bled heavily for 3 weeks. Got pregnant again and they finally took it out. We struggled with fertility issues for 2.5 years after. Definitely get checked and make them do tests! It's not something to mess with!

OH gosh I'm getting scared now! The nurse said if the tests were positive come in to do bloodwork. I even attached the pictures so she can see. Today I woke up spotting and now its just pink CM. Its just crazy how I went from bleeding a lot to this. Plus I stopped taking the birth control pills a week ago thinking it could of been the reason why I was bleeding for so long?

I got pregnant with the iud in twice. They didn't believe me the first time, even with my positive test in their face. Then I bled heavily for 3 weeks. Got pregnant again and they finally took it out. We struggled with fertility issues for 2.5 years after. Definitely get checked and make them do tests! It's not something to mess with!

was your IUD in "place" like it hadn't moved? Last month he checked it and said it was in place but sometimes (like now) it feels like its poking out. I have a tilted cervix so I wonder if that has anything to do with it

I have a tilted uterus!
Everything was in place and "normal".

Could possibly be a misscarriage if tests are getting lighter and bleeding has eased off?

:hugs:

Hi, I had a BFP with coil. My doctor has removed it. Said a risk but I had no pain and the IUD was not embedded. Just took it out! I still cant believe its happened though.

my friend at work got pregnant with IUD and it is twins!!!!:wacko:

Well I called the nurse and she believes it was a chemical pregnancy. She says I should of never gotten pregnant in the first place. I stopped bleeding for 2 days, then today at work started cramping real bad and low and behold, bleeding again! She is going to ask the dr tommorow to see if i can get an ultrasound done. Ive been bleeding for way too long! Ive been feeling faint and with no energy!. I took a dollar tree test yesterday afternoon and negative so dont know if the rest is passing or what!

Just wanted to say that when I started birth control pills I started bleeding, a lot, and it was really clotty. I was only a week into the pack. I stopped taking them and the bleeding stopped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->