Pregnant with my 3rd, but very nervous.

musicmomma

Reaction score
So I used this website a lot with my previous pregnancy. I had had a chemical pregnancy then immediately got pregnant the following month with my son 3 years ago. I wouldn't have known I had a chemical if I didn't take the 4 days sooner test. Never had any issues with my first pregnancy (other than it being a surprise). But like many of us mommas, I just hate the first trimester jitters!! So here I between 4 and 5 weeks. Scared something will happen. Trying to stay positive! Also, forgot to mention, I got pregnant while taking an antibiotic while on BC this time around. So as much as this baby wasn't planned, I'm so so happy and excited and hoping it sticks.

How does everyone else stay positive!?

I'm rubbish at staying positive. I paid for a private scan at 8 weeks and I have a doppler I check the heartbeat with because I'm a worrier

Not much help I know but just saying your not alone

Well I am also super nervous. I'm in early pregnancy with #2 and I am so scared because I am +35. I looked up the stats (yes, I'm a moron) and the prob of a miscarriage is out of this world. So, I need to talk to myself and think like my doc does...I had bleeding with my first at 6 weeks (i will be there next week -yikes). She agreed to see me that early which I appreciate but she said that a miscarriage is a way for your body to let go of something that wasn't working right. I took that to say a bad egg. So my doc isn't the type to prescribe progesterone etc. Its not always easy, or fair (or right!) to think about it that way (especially for someone who may hv experienced many miscarriages) but it sometimes helps me keep it in perspective when I drive myself bonkers.
Good luck - hope for a happy n healthy 9 months!

I'm 11 weeks (first and probably only) and I am still there.. freaking out about what could go wrong. I've had an ultrasound and everything was good so that helps, but I get nervous every time anything changes (less nausea, more nausea, really thirsty, rumbly tummy, etc). I think it's natural and most people go through it.

I'm pregnant with number 3 too :) and like you I had an early mc before got pregnant with my son then got pregnant with him at the end of the same month lol I'm also very nervous but hoping where have two other little monkeys to run after it will make the time go faster lol :) xx

Hi musicmomma. I miscarried early on last year and that kept me from having a full on burst of joy when my test came up positive this time around. But I've managed to keep my anxieties at bay with a 'do what I can and let the rest go' kind of approach. I also feel the mc was nature taking its course and it took me a while but I eventually became grateful that my body is so amazing that it can take care of a problem I don't even know exists (I know different conditions may apply for those who have repeat or later term mcs). It did make me long even more for the day I could become a mother though. And now it seems that day may not be far off. I have no idea if my little orange seed will still be there tomorrow but I will be as healthy and hopeful as I can today to give it the best chance. I know it will be enormously painful if I lose another pregnancy, but I accept that this zone where you're on the verge of something amazing is really complex emotionally. So I let myself be hopeful anyway. And seeing people all around me walking talking and living reminds me that so many pregnancies are successful ones and the odds are pretty high this one will be too!

Hi musicmomma,
I'm the same as you, only got my BFP on Tuesday and lurking here now but too scared to move over from ttc boards in case something goes wrong! Pregnant with my 2nd with a 5 yo DD, so my last pregnancy was almost 6 years ago!!!

I had a chemical in July and that's adding to my anxiety. At 38 age is also not on my side, in fact I'm incredibly grateful that I have managed to get that BFP fairly quickly, only really started trying in July and this is our fourth cycle. I'm not having any pregnancy symptoms which is making me feel more anxious as well. I only tested because I was also lacking PMS symptoms, I was really expecting to be out this month and the BFP was a huge surprise. Then again quite often the symptoms only start later on and each pregnancy is different, so the fact that I had some symptoms with DD at this stage doesn't mean it's the same this time around.

I think sakura has a good approach to things. It's hard not to worry but if the worst happens it does so for a reason. That's what I kept telling myself with my chemical as well, that the egg just wasn't viable and my body did the right thing by evicting it.
I suppose all we can do is try and relax, do our best to aid the pregnancy by cutting down caffeine, avoid alcohol and all that, and just hope for the best.

Hiya I'm just coming over from tww got my bfp on Friday. I am also having no3. You'd think we would stop worrying by now but I feel the same as I did with my other two! Just have to stay positive and tell your self you will have a sticky bean xx

Just sending a big hug!

I am pregnant with #3 too! My last pregnancy was 4 years ago and with twins - I can't remember much except that I was feeling really nauseous from 8-14 weeks!

I had a mc in July and am very worried it will happen again...

This time I also got pregnant on antibiotics but not birth control! We try and stay positive, looking at houses, working, taking the kids out and about lots.

Hope we all get our rainbow babies! ❤️

Hi musicmomma,

I'm also preg with #3, just had my BFP yesterday, now I'm 4.5 weeks.

Like Sakura15 I also wasn't bursting when I saw the bfp since I had a missed miscarriage in July/Aug (found out in July embryo had died... had a D&C in August; my body was showing no signs of aborting it on its own after almost a month of losing him/her).

I guess I won't have a scan or another 1-2 weeks but if this one doesn't stick I want to get some help. I'm 37 and my mom began menopause at 38 so I'm feeling lucky that we've not had much trouble TTC, but pretty nervous about having to go through it all again.

In this very uncertain phase I try not to think too hard about the future yet, e.g. I don't look up baby names, don't figure out what new car we'll need to buy, or how we'll deal with parental leave, etc. Not going to worry about any of that stuff until 2nd tri :) Being at work and spending time with my kids also helps me to take my mind off things that are out of my control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->