Pregnant with my first bub-advice please

Heidi

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Got my BFP on sunday!!!

I called the doctor surgery and they took my details and just said the midwife will contact me to arrange my 1st appointment is this normal??? I told them i had done two tests and she said oh yeh that will be enough. do they not need to confirm the pregnancy or is that what the mid wife appointment will be for? god knows when i will get it though,how long do you normal have to wait to see someone? :(

I've had mild period like cramps since two days before my BFP, and really sore BB's since O which have just gotten more sore by the day, normally this would have settled down when AF is due hence why i thought something was up.

Please visit my journal for the long story and the piccies!!!!!!!! xx :flower:

Ooh, congrats hun - what's going to happen about your wedding? x

Ooh, congrats hun - what's going to happen about your wedding? x
Thank you :thumbup:
well according to FF i will be due one week before the wedding and we cant really move it, just going to play it by ear for a while :wacko:

Hi Hun,
They won't confirm your pregnancy at the midwife appointment, if you've got a bfp from hpt then they assume you are pregnant. It will be at your first scan (normally around 12 weeks or earlier) that they will confirm your dates and check fetal heart etc. It is becoming normal now not to see the GP. They are bringing in a system called 'first point of contact' where a woman can go directly to the midwife without seeing the GP.

At your first appointment called the 'booking appointment' they will ask you loads of questions and it usually lasts about an hour. They ask all about your medical and obstetric history, take bloods for different screening tests and give you loads of information on diet and symptoms of pregnancy. Depending on how busy your trust is, this appointment is usually around 8 weeks.

Hope this helps x

Thanks for you help hun,
I dont know how i'm going to last that long!! I just can't wait for my appointment to come through so i can focus on that. :wacko:

Congratulations hun, yes I was told the midwife would contact me and I got a maternity pack through the post from the hospital with my dates for scans e.t.c

i was wondering when you were going to post on the bfp page!!!

Yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee congratulations x

OMFG hun thats bloody fabulous good luck have a happy and healthy 8+ mths xxxx

Congratulations hun, yes I was told the midwife would contact me and I got a maternity pack through the post from the hospital with my dates for scans e.t.c

Thank you!!!!!!!:cloud9:

Ah ok, so i should see/hear some thing soonish :dance:

Thank you dawny ROFL :hugs:

Chele just when you thought you'd got rid of me haha:haha:

You kept that bugger quiet hun :haha: im really happy and excited for you xxxxx

You kept that bugger quiet hun :haha: im really happy and excited for you xxxxx

Thank you so much hun, i only found out Sunday evening so itsa still quite new to me.
It's been one crazy journey going right back to the 'team provera' :wacko: Speaking of which i've not seen emie on here in a while, have you?
Was nosing through your wedding pics the other day you looked stunning! :flower:

Oh HEIDI HEIDI HEIDI!!!!!

Chele just told me about your bfp so i snuck in here to see if it was true and yipeeeeee!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Im so so so pleased for you hun!

Another one for the 80+'ers!!! Damn that team is good! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->