Pregnant woman refused dental care

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by ames_x, Apr 25, 2009.

1. ames_x

ames_x Mummy to 2 beautiful boys

2. star-dust

star-dust Guest

heck, I have dentists on mon, thank god I have my medical certificate or I could be screwd!

I can kinda understand the need for the medical exemption thing as it has all your details on, but if shes been in pain they should have made an execption

3. cath

cath Well-Known Member

I used to work in an NHS dentists & unfortunately if the staff dont record the number of the exeption certificate then the dentist doesnt get paid for the work so they have no option but to turn people away-even if they have bump, doctors notes etc Its rubbish but its the fault of the government who brought in the rules & regulations. Before these were brought in, you could just take people's word for it & it was up to the PCTs to check whether they were entitled to free treatment-if not, they were usually ordered to pay it back or be charged with benefit fraud

4. lesleyann

lesleyann Mummy

i went to the dentist and they did not ask for anything :) i just had to sign a form saying i was pregnant lol