Pregnant?

I think a lot of ladies would say wait and test again in a few days as the hormone may not be showing up just yet

I came off cileste this month too, I thought I ovulated last week because of CM but now because of other things I think I'm just about to. Fortunately I have OPKs to test with.

Some people do start their cycles straight away whereas others take time. It could also be that coming off BCP is giving you these symptoms - it likes to mess with your head.

Try again in a few days and see what happens. Good luck, I hope you get your BFP!

when i came off my BC for that 1st month i was having very sore BBs and strange metallic taste in my mouth and nauseous etc

and was late too by 3 days, but its just withdrawal symptoms from coming off the BC....but i had only taken BC for 11 months...am still TTC

lets hope yours is a BFP!! how long were you on BC for?

if you do test do it with 1st pee of the morning

when i came off BCP which i was on for 5 years i thought i was pregnant too... had sore boobs nausea light headed. turned out to just be effects of BCP!

I ovulated about three weeks after coming off of birth control pills. I was on them for about 4 years.
My doc told me that it might take a few months to get the ovulation down, but that women coming off of bcp statistically get pregnant quicker!
Maybe she was just trying to cheer me up.
:)

I also stopped BC on 7 March. I had taken it for a few years. I am 25. Doctor told me it doesn't matter whether you took it for a few months or for a few years. Your cycle can either normalize within the first cycle off of BC or it can take a few months. Just under 2 weeks after I stopped BC, I had about every single symptom indicating pregnancy. It was too early to test although I still did, and it was :bfn:

I read up on a lot of women reporting the exact same thing. A few of them were in fact pregnant, but some of them weren't and this was all due to withdrawal from BC. Remember that the symptoms you get from pregnancy (most of them), is due to the changes in hormones in your body. So if you think of it that way, if you stop birth control (which is hormone regulating), the difference in hormones in your body will again cause some symptoms.

Personal experience for me, I thought I would ovulate around CD14 as I have a regular cycle due to BC, but a lot of women experience longer cycles once off BC (like 30 - 35 day cycles). I tested around CD14 and all were negative. I had very bad cramping and that stopped around 3 days ago when I also got increased CM (not a lot, but more than usual). I tested with OPK again and got a strong positive two days ago, which would put me at CD19. So either way, I am not sure if and when I am or did ovulate and can only effectively track that once you have your first period off of BC (not the withdrawal bleeding you get after stopping BC).

Perhaps you are already pregnant, as that is definitely not unheard off. I also read that some women are actually very fertile for the first 1 to 3 months off of BC. Perhaps it is just too soon to test ... so keep testing. You are not out until the :witch: comes.

Don't be too stressed about understanding your body at this stage. Your body is pretty mixed up. But do note down symptoms and feelings etc so you can compare next month should you need too.

Good luck to you and hoping for a strong :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->