Pregnitude/Inofolic Success?

Elphabaa77

Reaction score
Hello! I am sure somewhere, over the years, somebody else has asked this same question. I am just not having luck finding another thread.

Have any of you tried Pregnitude? It's a combo of Myo-Inositol and Folic Acid. It is new to the US, but I believe it was called Inofolic overseas. My OBGYN recommended it to me at my appointment this week when I told her we were TTC. I am also on Metformin, but she says I can take them together.

It is so new, it is hard to see many pregnancy success stories attributed to taking Pregnitude/Inofolic. So I was wondering if any of you have any success stories. I have seen the studies and what they say, but they mostly cover PCOS symptoms and how it helps people with very few or no periods get regular. I do have cycles with ovulation what I consider somewhat regularly. Always between 35 and 40, but never longer than 45 days.

I am waiting for the Pregnitude to come in the mail, had to order it from the website since no pharmacies around here have it. I am just trying to read up on it and find other women taking this product, so I can know what to expect. :)

Thanks!

Hi, Elphabaa!
I know this reply is 2 months later, but I was wondering how Pregnitude is treating you? I've been taking it for 2 weeks as of today and I'm pretty sure I ovulated Tuesday! My FF chart may confirm tomorrow if my temp stays up.

I really wish you GL with your TTC journey! Hopefully Pregnitude will catch on soon and more people will come to this thread with success stories!

AFM: I was diagnosed about 3-4 years ago with PCOS and it has taken its toll on me, physically and emotionally. I'm eating fresh fruits and veggies, exercising and trying to lose weight so I can be back down to 135 lbs... which is a weight I haven't seen in 7 years. :/

Just to let anyone know who may wander to this thread, I ovulated on CD 10! My 3dpo temp was a bit lower than the first two days, but still above the cover line. FF gave me my cross hairs, but I'm not optimistic for pregnancy this go-round. I AM, however, optimistic that I've actually ovulated for the first time in God knows how long! Good luck to all TTC!!!

glad i found this thread! i dont have PCOS but have had irregular, long cycles and have had cysts on my ovaries before. they go away on their own but still suck! :( my dr. gave me samples of pregnitude to try and i havent used them yet because i want to buy a month supply too. i pray to god it works for me. me and dh bd ALL THE TIME and he is very potent. has 2 kids from previous relationships too. so i know its something with me. so it makes me think i dont ovulate at all. karipoo thansk for your experience and i will be trying pregnitude as soon as i can! will stalk this thread too :) :) babydust!

strdstkittenx> You're welcome! Also, welcome to the thread and I wish you luck with Pregnitude. Hopefully, it will help bring on your BFP. :D

I started Pregnitude today and I am so optimistic that this will work. DH and I have been trying so long with no luck and now I feel like there still may be hope. Please continue to update on your Pregnitude experience!

Baby dust to everyone!

Nobody ever responded to my post, so after a month or so I stopped following it. Ironically... I was searching 'Pregnitude Success Stories' on google and came across my old post and much to my surprise, somebody responded! :rofl:

VERY glad to have some more ladies to talk Pregnitude with! (If I didn't wait too long to post my reply!)

I am halfway through my 3rd box... so almost 3 months in. I have noticed significant changes in my cycle length! That is the biggest thing I have noticed, but honestly it was the one thing I had hoped to benefit from the most when I purchased Pregnitude. I started taking Pregnitude 'almost' mid-cycle on June 27th. That first cycle was the LONGEST cycle I had in a very long time at 48 days! I ovulated on CD36. It was quite discouraging at first, I also had mid-cycle spotting which is something I have never experienced. I had headaches, I was an emotional roller coaster! I would be Miss Happypants one minute than crying over stupid things the next. At first I was kind of crappy about all of that, but then I thought... hrm... these are ALL hormonal things! So I kept with it thinking it was balancing me out. These symptoms were pretty much non-existent by the end of my 2nd box. I have more energy and my moods in general are just better. My hubby has even noticed too!

The next cycle... I was blown away to see that I was ovulating much earlier! I ovulated on CD25 and had a 37 day cycle! Big time improvement. Plus my post-ovulation temps were staying pretty high. Then, this current cycle... I started using the OvaCue Fertility Monitor as well and it was showing me I was going to ovulate even earlier yet. Not believing it, I started using my OPKs... and sure enough! I ovulated on CD22. I thought maybe I would be experiencing secondary fertility because how could I ovulate so soon? (Secondary fertility is when the first ovulation attempt is not successful so your body picks a secondary follicle and prepares it for ovulation... usually occurring within 3-5 days of the initial attempt) Secondary fertility is actually somewhat common with PCOS women. I never had a secondary ovulation confirmed on my OvaCue and my OPKs stayed negative. I am 7 dpo today.

I don't think we 'timed' things very good this month, but I guess you never know! We'll see in approximately 5 days. (My post-ovulation/luteal phase is usually always 12 days on the nose)

Let me know how you guys are doing with Pregnitude! I am now 'following' my thread again. I love hearing about good experiences people are having with it as well as sharing my own.

Hello,

I will be ordering Pregnitude tomorrow and will hopefully be starting it, along with Femara sometime in October. I was diagnosed with PCOS in June 2002, got PG with my DS in Aug. 2002 after taking Met and Clomid 50mg. We have been TTC#2 off and on since DS was 2 1/2 and have had two mc's since then. Hoping pregnitude works for us, and all of you as well!!

~babydust~:dust:

If I don't get a BFP this month, I will probably order it. I am just taking so many supplements right now that I don't want to add another one, but I've heard really good things about it, so. . .

If you ladies do try it, just keep in mind it doesn't work overnight. The studies have shown it takes 3-6 months to see full effects of it. At that point, it could compliment the femara or clomid... but I doubt it will help much in that first month. My first month on Pregnitude actually extended my cycle and even caused mid-cycle spotting. It seemed to definitely let me know it was working on my hormonal imbalance! (headaches, moodiness, spotting, etc.)

My OBGYN told me to start taking it at my appointment at the end of June. She wanted me to keep on trying naturally until January, but told me to take the Pregnitude with my Metformin as well... since it takes 3-6 months to see full effects. I am definitely seeing good things after almost 3 months. I just wish I would see a BFP too!!!

Yeah, anything natural takes a while to start doing anything. Which is good, I guess. Means changes are more gradual and . . . in tune with nature or some jazz.

Hi Im new to this thread but found it while googling pregnitude success stories. A brief run-down on myself... Im 26 and previously conceived naturally by luck with my 2 yr old son. I have taken BC pills regularly since i was 15. When I stop the pills, I have a couple regular cycles but then they begin to get longer and longer, where eventually i just dont have a period/ovultion at all. I got pregnant with my son about 2 months after stopping my pills previously(while I was still having cycles). They did an ultrasound before I got preg with my son checking for PCOS but couldnt confirm it, but I have several of the symptoms. I have now been off of the pill since April and my cycles were getting longer and longer with never a BFP. My OBGYN recommended I try pregnitude and gave me a sample. I started it about 2 & a half months ago and have had good results so far. When i first started taking it my cycle was going on 70 days long with no sign of af or ov!! I took 2 doses & I ovulated!! The next cycle was reduced to 50 days with pos OPK too! So I have seen improvement but yet to get that BFP. Hoping this next cycle is even shorter! Just thought Id share my story since there's very few people out there taking it over a couple weeks. :) Ive had a hard time finding anyone who can confirm any results.

I was on a facebook page where at least 4 women had gotten pregnant while taking Pregnitude in the short 3-4 weeks I was on the page. Can't seem to find it now....... Anyway, I have been on it since Oct.28th and I'm thinking I might be getting closer to seeing AF! I am currently on CD120+ and my BB's got EXTREMELY sore last night which is a looming symptom right before AF shows. I really hope to get some great results with Myoinositol! Good Luck and Babydust to all!!!

I just started pregnitude as well! Hoping to get a bfp soon. I've never had irregular cycles but I've been diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and I've just learned that yes, it is possible for me to not ovulate but have af show up right on schedule. :(

Well, exactly 2 weeks after starting Pregnitude I woke up to spotting this morning!!!! So it looks like AF might be starting to make an appearance, I am so happy to be able to finally start a cycle after not having one since July!! I think the myo inositol works!! Now hoping that me and everyone else using it will get a BFP!!!!

I hope she's here! I hate the limbo of knowing you're not pregnant but you're not ovulating or bleeding. Hoping pregnitude did the trick and you'll get your bfp this month!

I had a positive opk earlier today. Hoping I o in a day or two-last month, I had 3 lh surges and no ovulation. :/

@Charisse My first cycle on Pregnitude, I actually started spotting a little a week after starting it, which was right around ovulation. The Pregnitude was 'working' it's magic and actually caused that first cycle to go WAY longer than normal for me! (48 day cycle, norm for me was 40-43 days) That was discouraging at first, but the following cycle I was down to 37 days. I had 37 day cycles for that one and the following... but my most recent cycle was longer. The doctor put me on Phentermine for weight loss, which is known to screw with cycles. So I ovulated later and today is CD40 with no signs of AF coming. My temp is slowly getting lower, but not nose diving like it normally does at 12DPO. Usually AF would come today. *sigh* Needless to say, I stopped that Phentermine! Not only did it screw up the work Pregnitude has been doing for me, but it caused my BP and heart rate to skyrocket!

So anyhow... my point would be... don't get discouraged if for some reason things go a bit longer that normal at first. I strongly feel that is the Pregnitude working it's magic. I am about to start my 5th box, and I would recommend it to anybody that suffers with irregular or annovulatory cycles! :thumbup:

@Smashley Do you temp chart? Most of the time that can show patterns in your cycle indicative of ovulation. Of course, only an ultrasound can truly confirm. I am also using the OvaCue Fertility Monitor which is about the closest thing to confirming ovulation that you can get without visiting your doctor. Of course, you need to use the vaginal sensor to get the ovulation confirmation part. It also will show secondary fertility, which is when your body fails to ovulate but is unsuccessful and tries a second time.

My doctor years ago put 'suspected PCOS' in my chart years ago, but based it only on my insulin test and my irregular cycles. She prescribed metformin and that was that. Metformin never helped me... but this Pregnitude has been awesome! Good luck to you ladies!

Elphabaa... First, I have to ask, Wicked fan or some other meaning?

Yes, I do chart. There's a link to it in my signature. The spattering of blanks at the end of last cycle was due to me having a cold and being really congested, which made temp taking impossible since I couldn't breathe through my nose! I think it also explains the couple of high temps unless I somehow ovulated and only had a 3-4 day lp!

I've considered buying the ovacue monitor before but am not sure how much added value it would give considering the price, since I already temp and use opks. What do you think?

Also, that's exciting that your temps are still high! Have you tested yet? I hope it's your bfp!

Elphabaa... First, I have to ask, Wicked fan or some other meaning?

Yes, I do chart. There's a link to it in my signature. The spattering of blanks at the end of last cycle was due to me having a cold and being really congested, which made temp taking impossible since I couldn't breathe through my nose! I think it also explains the couple of high temps unless I somehow ovulated and only had a 3-4 day lp!

I've considered buying the ovacue monitor before but am not sure how much added value it would give considering the price, since I already temp and use opks. What do you think?

Also, that's exciting that your temps are still high! Have you tested yet? I hope it's your bfp!

I am a Wicked fan! :)

My temps started their nose dive today... I recently started acupuncture and maybe that is to 'blame' for my slightly extended luteal phase. :shrug:

As far as OvaCue, it is costly! I found my monitor and oral sensor used on eBay for $150 which was $100 cheaper than new... but the vaginal sensor I bought new for $100. Wasn't even considering that used! LOL If you do decide to get it, don't bother if you cannot get the vaginal sensor too. That is the most important part in determining ovulation. I have found it very helpful in putting my mind at ease, but in your case, until the Pregnitude has really began to work it's magic, maybe you can just save up for the OvaCue? If I wasn't ovulating regularly, I would probably be frustrated that I spent so much money. So I would watch your temps for a bit while you 'consider' buying one. lol Also watch eBay to see if you can get the monitor and oral sensor at a steal!

I talked to my acupuncturist about my hypothyroidism concern. A lady in Pregnitude group I was part of for awhile brought it up to me. I thought she was trying to scare me because she was often trying to diagnose us. Part of the reason I left that group. I still couldn't shake the thought and did research on it and it turns out my low temps are a key indicator. So I was a bit overwhelmed and scared because no doctor ever even considered the possibility I could have a thyroid issue! Anyhow, the acupuncturist said that I do have symptoms and he performed an iodine test to see how quickly my body absorbed the iodine. I have to call him today with results and considering the iodine was gone before I went to bed... 3 hours after my appointment... I am thinking we are on to something. Scary and a relief all at once! So... not to put a fear in anybody or try to diagnose, but if you have PCOS, it never hurts to consider hypothyroidism. It is common to have both and a lot of regular doctors will miss the hypothyroidism because a blood test will not always show it.

Thanks! Think I'll wait a few months and consider ovacue then. The hypothyroid thing sounds like a possibility for me too. Are your temps considered low, because they're around what mine are. I've also noticed that if I temp during the day (just out of curiousity), my temps are usually lower than my morning ones. I've got a list started for when I do make an appointment to see a doctor. I think I'm going to schedule an appointment after this cycle if no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->