premature labor... confused

mommydrgnfly

Prego w/ 4th.
Reaction score
:hissy: I am pregnant and in my third trimester, 30 weeks pregnant as of yesterday. Here is my situation. Keep in mind I have had 2 full term deliveries before with no complications. Anyway...
Friday, Saturday and Sunday night I ended up in the hospital due to contractions (tightening and pressure) that just would not go away brought on by loads of stress Friday evening. Stress that will NOT go away! Anyway.. I had that fetal fibronectin test which came out negative so I am "gauranteed for 2 weeks" blah blah and I got told they were braxton hicks.. they put me on trebutaline every 4 hours now.. (so much for sleep).. no more work, play or driving! It is hard to tell anything on this drug.. i will have a few contractions through the day.. in the last hour i had a few strong ones (like 4-5).. tightening, pressure, cramping in my lower abdomen and also in my lower back..it intensifies when walking.. some are stronger than others..i all my doc and she tells me bunches of crap that was different than what i read on the internet or been told by other docs before.. IDK what to think or believe... Has anyone gone into labor and had their baby shortly after even after being put on trebutaline or after having the fibronectin test?

I don't know about the meds or test... but I know BH contractions are a pain in the butt, back and abdomen.

And if the baby is pressing on your sciatic nerve, the spasms/pains in your back will undoubtedly increase and cause spasms in your abdomen.
Try having a couple of glasses of water and laying on your left side for an hour. If the pain doesn't cease after that, call your L&D at the hospital and ask them what you should do next. Don't call your doctor cause obviously you are not getting a straight answer.

Good luck hun.

thanks for the responses.. I had another question now..so i will post another thread lol.. i think that is what i am suppose to do.

I had that test on a monday and it was negative at 33 weeks gestation with my last pregnancy and I had my Luke on the next Thursday(3 days later).. that test is not always right... had luke at 33.5 weeks... good luck to you... it sounds like you are on your way... hope you can keep that little one in there just a bit longer...:hugs:

ahhh don't tell me that lol.. doc told me today those tests are a "gauranteed" 99.9% accurate. She said I had nothing to worry about. I am trying not to be paranoid.. but how can I not be when i am havin these contractions.. my last one was 14 mins ago and lasted 1.5 mins with a sec break in it.. i am on trebutaline thats supose to stop them.. they are irregular.. but they are strong and painful.. even in my back.. oh my my pooor back.. back pain started today :(.. i looked online and i am confused because it says braxton hicks u do not have back pains and when u walk or lay down the pains/contractions go away.. not in my case.. than it says if u r in true labor u got back pain with lower abdomen cramps plus it intensifies when walking which is me and doesn't subside when lying down.. but their regular.. aye yi yi.. idk.. i know i am going on and on but i like to be educated by ppl who know like u :)

oh I wouldn't say I really know.. but with my luke... I didn't realize I was in labor until it was regular.. and they couldn't stop it... they tried with magnes. sulfate.. but to no avail... I would just rest rest rest and go to the hospital if they are strong.. maybe there is somthing there that they can give you to calm your uterus... call your dr. or call your maternity ward... describe it to them and see what they say... It might just take some stronger meds to calm your uterus down... ...

thanks so much for responding :).. its been helpful.. i am afraid to call the maternity ward becuase the last time i went in they almost had me in tears the way they were treating me.. the nurse who answered phone earlier told me to come in because coming in hundred times is better than delivering baby in toilet or something.. to be safe.. well when i got there she was gone and the other lady was not friendly and treated me like i was crazy for being there because by the time i got there my contractions were gone but they only kept me for i think an hour.. idk.. its like the trebutaline stops the contractions because it is relaxing the muscles.. but than again sometimes it don't.. thats why it is hard to tell what is going on half the time... by the way.. quick question.. how would i become part of the june mummies club.. or is there one?

I would go in if I were you.. you can request a different nurse... some of them really suck.. I have done that with a few of them.. such crappy bedside manner.... don't let a stupid nurse force you to stay home and worry... with what you have told me... the drug doesn't really sound like it is working...

Also if you to to the Pregnancy-third trimester thread... there is a post called
June Mummy's! We have all invaded 3rd tri (go June Bugs!!!!)
just go in there and go to the last page and introduce yourself... they would be happy to have you... :hugs:... I gotta go to bed now... but take care of you and that little baby... and go get checked out... I would if I were you.... :hugs:

thanks.. how do u make someone a friend on here? I would love to have u on my friends list. You have been really helpful and I truelly appreciate it. :)

In this post.. if you click on my name SMITH87999... "Add SMITH87999 to contacts" is the last choice.. pick that and it will guide you through the rest... :) good luck tonight..

I have been in labour twice so far been stopped twice by drip i am on meds and banned from sex meds stop on 12th may x

just wanted to thank everyone for their responses.. you have helped alot.. very much so appreciated! So far I am ok today.. she (the baby) is hurting me badly down there because she is so low and hitting my cervix and bladder and who knows what else lol.

Glad that all is well... couldn't get on yesterday but wondered how you were doing... sounds like baby is staying put... which is great... stress does not help things.. try to do the best you can for distracting yourself... and trying to say positive.. easier said than done I know... take care... :hugs:

Hi ya hun,

The fetal fibronectin test if negative is 95% of the time correct, but that means it is wrong 5% (sorry), also some say the next two weeks but some say for 7-10 days. I think as a Mummy you tend to know, dont let people brush you off hun :hugs::hugs: Let us know how your getting on x

Thanks everyone..i appreciate it.. things are going pretty well with contractions with the trebutaline.. still stressing lots.. how do u edit this so the title of ur thread is different? i wanted to update my stress thread. Thanks.

Hun the exact same thing happened to me on Monday evening.

I thought I was going into labour but they said it was just BH's, although I had to stay in due to high blood pressure because of the stress

I then got a horrible ''lecture'' from the doctor for ''wasting'' their time!, I was told that i needed to do more research into what was real labour.
I am sorry if I got worried! I'm a first time mum.... And I didn't know what to do!
They sure didn't make me any more confident.
All they did, was make me feel like I have no Idea what I'm doing....

Callie... that dr is an idiot... no dr should make you feel stupid unless you are truely doing something to cause the baby harm... they shouldn't discourage you from coming in when you are nervous... what an a**..... I think you should always call your dr./mw/ or delivery unit if you are nervous about something... that is what they get paid for...

Glad you are both doing well today... :hugs:

ahh thanks.. yea i am doing much better..hopefully doc willl let me go back to work and take me off bedrest next week.. that would be nice now that i am moving out of my house by end of month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->