Premature ovarian insufficiency and bfp success

Rawan

Reaction score
Hi,
My doctor suspects that I may have premature ovarian insufficiency. Anyone with this diagnosis had bfp success stories? How did you do it? Thank you.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Is that the same as diminished ovarian reserve. How was it diagnosed? AMH or antral follicle count? My AMH is low for my age but my AFC is ok (14). We did manage to get a bfp after trying for 7 months, unfortunately I lost it early. (Likely due to a large polyp found a month later)

I have definitely heard of BFP success stories of women with diminished ovarian reserve. You could ask this question on the first tri board and i'm sure you could hear those success stories first hand! Good luck!

My Amh is low, and estrogen tends to be on the low side. They found my FSH was high in one cycle so far. But other than that I don't have any menopausal symptoms...but I am thinking maybe this might be the reason that me and dh have been trying for awhile, but still no bfp.
I am sorry to hear about the loss. Hope you will get your bfp soon!
I am already 33 years old, so not that young...and the doctor said based on my bloodwork i might have premature ovarian insufficency...so time is not on my side....

I had high FSH (23) at 34, I didn't have AMH or AFC checked. I got pregnant right away on clomid, had my son, took clomid again, got pregnant but lost that one and got pregnant again with my second son before even getting AF after the miscarriage.
We're currently TTC our third, taking femara this time but will switch to clomid again next cycle if AF shows up tomorrow.
Good luck!

Rawan, have had a baseline ultrasound yet where they count your follicles early in your cycle? I can't believe they would give you that diagnosis based on bloodwork alone, especially if you are still ovulating monthly! Don't give up.

I'm 38 so I definitely hear you on time not being on our side--we have even less!

Thanks for sharing your experience! Reading your post gave me hope!
I had high FSH (23) at 34, I didn't have AMH or AFC checked. I got pregnant right away on clomid, had my son, took clomid again, got pregnant but lost that one and got pregnant again with my second son before even getting AF after the miscarriage.
We're currently TTC our third, taking femara this time but will switch to clomid again next cycle if AF shows up tomorrow.
Good luck!

No, they haven't counted my follicle yet. And the clinic told me they won't know the quality of my egg unless we do IVF. Yeah they've been monitoring me, so I know I've been ovulating in all the cycles so far. I guess we have to remain positive and keep trying everything we can to maximize the chance! Thanks for the encouragement!
Rawan, have had a baseline ultrasound yet where they count your follicles early in your cycle? I can't believe they would give you that diagnosis based on bloodwork alone, especially if you are still ovulating monthly! Don't give up.

I'm 38 so I definitely hear you on time not being on our side--we have even less!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->