prenatal does not have vitamin k

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
I was comparing my One a Day Women's to my One a Day Prenatal. I noticed one major disturbing difference: the prenatal does not have any vitamin k at all. I would imagine if it was necessary then it would be in there, but that just seems so strange. Does anybody know why it's not part of the prenatal?

Well I take the ffg multivitamins:

Centrum: normal....doesn't contain vitamin K (Stopped it just before I started to TTC.

Vitabiotics Immunace: normal.... HAS VIT K

Materna Prenatal: Doesn't have Vit K

Vitabiotics pregnacare conception: No Vitamin K

I don't think the prenatals have vitamin K. Must be a reason though.

"Too much Vitamin K is associated with babies having worse cases of jaundice. Jaundice is a yellowing of the skin due to a buildup of bilirubin in the body"

I copied that from babymed.com. I guess it's wise to avoid it... Unless u really need it?

Thanks ladies! Nope, don't need it. Just seemed weird it wasn't there :)

Well I think vitamin k is one of those vitamins that the body usually makes by itself, like in the large intestine. So we need very little supplemental.

But my Rainbow Light vegan Prenatal One has vitamin k! 65 mcg. The Rainbow Light complete prenatal system (only going to take once pregnant because more expensive) has 100mcg.

I have to recommend these to everyone because I LOVE that they are so easy on the stomach - they're vegetable based and have chamomile and probiotics too - you can even take on an empty stomach!

Well I think vitamin k is one of those vitamins that the body usually makes by itself, like in the large intestine. So we need very little supplemental.

But my Rainbow Light vegan Prenatal One has vitamin k! 65 mcg. The Rainbow Light complete prenatal system (only going to take once pregnant because more expensive) has 100mcg.

I have to recommend these to everyone because I LOVE that they are so easy on the stomach - they're vegetable based and have chamomile and probiotics too - you can even take on an empty stomach!

Those would be great for me, but I googled them now. They aren't available in South Africa. I'm sure I can buy them online but it would be too expensive. My rummy doesn't like pills, but that all I seem to be taking these days..vitamins, antibiotics, painkillers etc etc :(

Have u tried vitafusion prenatal gummies? Very easy on tummy.

Interesting. My multi only has 25mg. Shrugs oh well. Sorry to the ladies who can't stomach pills! My vitamins make me sick if I take them on an empty tummy or with a lot of grains (cereal or toast).

I think Vit K is also involved in the bleeding/clotting equilibrium. If I remember correctly, you would need a big overdose to cause problems, but better safe than sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->