Prenatal Massages & Chiropractic Care

SD02

Reaction score
Does anyone know if its safe for prenatal massages?

My lower back is in bad shape and backaches are in full force already!!:sad2:

I've been going to a chiropractor regularly for over 4 years now and don't plan on stopping now that I'm pregnant. My chiropractor is now gearing my appointments towards keeping my pelvis in an open position and to help keep my back from aching.

Ooh yes, massages are great when you are pregnant!!! I actually had 3 of them....the last one being at about 6 months pregnant. Just make sure and let them know you are pregnant ahead of time.
Good luck and ENJOY!

I read somewhere that we should wait until the second trimester.

I work at an insurance company that deals with medical claims and we get them all the time for prenatal massages. I would think they are fine.

Hi! I think they're recommended for 2nd tri and onwards, not sure about 1st tri...

Yeah they only massage pregnant woman once your 12/13 weeks.

I had booked into get a pamper day before my wedding and they refused to do it when I told them I was 8 weeks pregnant....but wow I got a mummy to be massage monthly and it was ace! Especially towards the end when you cant get comfy and your back and hips ache....

Emma.xx

I was wondering about that as I have a vertebrae out of place (I can feel it) and can get completely straight iykwim. I'll have to ask and maybe wait until 2nd tri just in case...

Thanks girls...I'll wait another few weeks until 2nd trimester, hopefully I can continue to sustain this pain!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->