Prenatal vit

krissie328

Reaction score
So I'm currently taking the same prenatal I took with my son. However, it gives me fishy burps and I just cannot handle that. Any suggestions on a good one?

I was considering rainbow light prenatal one. But I have no experience with it.

I like Rainbow Light, except I do prefer more natural, bioavailable forms of vitamins. If I wasn't worried about that, I'd definitely choose Rainbow Light over the other cheaper brands. I use Honest brand, or other things with "methylfolate" or at least "folate" instead of "folic acid." I have thyroid issues, so synthetic folic acid does nothing for me, and I need the good stuff.

I was hoping to go for something more natural and hopefully less upsetting to my stomach. I couldn't take a prenatal the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy last time because they made me so ill.

Just to clarify you think honest brand is better then? I use a ton of their products on my son. I never considered their prenatal.

I was hoping to go for something more natural and hopefully less upsetting to my stomach. I couldn't take a prenatal the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy last time because they made me so ill.

Just to clarify you think honest brand is better then? I use a ton of their products on my son. I never considered their prenatal.

Yes, I LOVE their prenatal, nutrient-wise. I can take it every few days or even once a week, and my vitamin levels never go low, even my iron levels, since I'm prone to becoming anemic. However, their vitamin is huge and tastes terrible. I gag every time I take it, which is why I only take it every few days. haha. I couldn't stomach it at all in first tri because the taste is like Flinstones vitamins on steroids - yuck.

In the beginning of pregnancy, I actually took Smarty Pants brand gummy prenatals, which are good but not as good. A serving is 6!!! gummies, but they go right down without any issues, and they use bioavailable forms of vitamins AND fish oil, but they don't have a fishy taste or give me fishy burps or anything gross.

When are you taking them? having them at night can reduce a lot of the side affects. They'll all be very similar, look at the quantities of the various vitamins on the back and go off that, but really if you're managing to eat well then folic acid will be all you need. Vitamins generally have an accumulative effect which is why they recommend taking them whilst ttc as it can take 3 months to build good levels, if you're eating well though it's the best way to get the nutrients you need.

Also massive congratulations on your bfp! I hope you have a healthy and stress free 9 months :hugs:

Thanks ladies.

I do eat fairly well. I've only been taking a folic acid supplement since vitamins just don't sit well with me. I'm kinda leaning towards getting a high quality one and taking it every other day.

I have always taken them in the morning but I can try evenings with dinner. That would probably help a lot.

I take the Smarty Pants brand prenatal vitamins. I don't forget to take them because they are like a candy treat, and taking 6 is not hard at all! I take 3 in the morning and 3 at night.

I got bad fishy burps when I took mine in the morning. I leave them at the side of my bed and take them every night now. I use pregnacare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->