Prenatal Vitamins Confusion

Ms Elizabeth

Mom to 2
Reaction score
Any advice?

I've been taking Promise Prenatal and DHA vitamins since TTC. They don't upset my stomach and I liked how each trimester, the contents of the vitamins change to meet your needs.

Well, just had my first Drs appt. I left with a huge bag of samples to try...they bring one back to her for a prescription. She explained each month, I might need something different, some have more iron, some stool softener a :dohh:....so...by the time i finish each sample....I'm due. Lol

Any thoughts?

That happened at my first appointment, too! I ended up trying every single sample for a few days, and picked based on the least amount of nausea that I had. :haha: It was probably not the best idea. I also tried to pick one that said it was beneficial for women who plan to breast feed.

It may be good for you to call you insurance company and see which ones they will cover. Maybe that will help narrow it down a bit. :)

Lol, I'm too afraid to switch and get sicker.

I think i just might stick to the ones im on. Haven't gotten sick yet. :haha:

So many choices. Ugh! :dohh:

Vitamins are my area of expertise (work in a vitamin store), and I would say stay away anything prescription that has man made chemicals in it. I've been taking the New Chapter Perfect Prenatal and I love it. I mean, I've been sick since 7 weeks but I know its not the prenatals making me sick. I also like the Garden of Life ones. Vitamin Code or Kind Organics.

Also, if you're having trouble with tablets, Natures Plus has a good liquid one.

Basically anything that doesn't have chemicals or dyes in it should be OK.

Also, I'm not one of those people who don't believe in Western medicine. I absolutely believe in it, I just believe a growing fetus doesn't need those things unless something is wrong.

I took new chapter organics perfect prenatal while TTC, but switched to Garden of life Raw when I got pregnant. New Chapter is owned by P&G, which kind of bugs me. I do take the new chapter omega, because it has all the omegas, not just 3.

My doctor just said to keep taking what I have?

I took new chapter organics perfect prenatal while TTC, but switched to Garden of life Raw when I got pregnant. New Chapter is owned by P&G, which kind of bugs me. I do take the new chapter omega, because it has all the omegas, not just 3.

My doctor just said to keep taking what I have?

I know I'm peeved about that too. They got bought out a few years back and have changed most of their formulas, but they are still one of the only prenatals that have a probiotic in them. My Dr tried writing me a script for prenatals but no way am I doing that. I actually have a bottle of garden of life kind organics lined up after these are gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->