Prenatal vitamins

Pamarin

Reaction score
Which are you taking? which are best to take? are they otc or prescribed?
which do you recommend?

I'm just taking otc prenatal gummies. They work for me because they don't have iron in them and I'm not iron deficient in the slightest so iron just makes me ridiculously constipated (TMI I know...). They are also easier to digest as well.

I just switched to best nest wellness prenatal, they are a whole food natural vitamin with folate so it's more digestible... and they aren't that expensive either, you should be taking dha also!!

Im taking an OTC prenatal multivitamin with a DHA/EPA gelcap. I got it at Walmart.

I have a hard time taking the big pills, so I take the Spring Valley Prenatal gummies.

I got some from health department and they been giving me headaches...it only happens when I take a prenatal if i forget a day I dont get any headaches...I need to switch to something else

I'm taking prenatal gummies because I can't do pills (can't swallow them). My doc says it's ok.

*Not preggo* but this ttc and every time I have been pregnant I take the Women's One a Day Prenatal. I love that they now have the DHA gels on top of the multivitamin. I did also read about folate versus folic acid, but it seems like all the orc supplements use folic acid at most generic stores. So like a pp said if you are really concerned about folate then you need to go somewhere like Whole Foods or the Vitamin Shoppe or somewhere. My gyn has always asked if I was taking a prenatal and which brand. When I tell her, she says she doesn't need to write me up a scrip for prenatals since what I was taking was what she would recommend anyway and is better than what Kaiser would "prescribe".

I am taking Garden of Life RAW prenatal, another whole food supplement with folate instead of folic acid. I would like to take one with methylated folate in case I have mthfr that has contributed to 4 back to back losses, but my Dr hasn't tested me for it, son without knowing for sure if its an issue I can't bring myself to spend that much money on them... I'm currently paying about $20/month when I buy in bulk from iherb which I think is quite reasonable.

I'm taking Pregnacare Original. Have to take on a full stomach otherwise make you feel sick and I've got sickness pretty much all of the day anyway :-/

My midwife prescribed me folic acid and said to buy pregnacare original as well

I am just taking the Asda ones as they are a great price. I always end up low on iron when I'm pregnant and postnatal.

I take the Rx Citranatal with DHA gel caps. I prefer the Rx ones because the otc ones aren't regulated by the FDA. Costs about $23 a month with my insurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->