Prenatals

lauraloo24

Reaction score
With my son, i took Pregnacare - this time round finances being a bit tighter, I've been taking Tesco own Prenatal vitamins - do you think they are as good or are Pregnacare the safer bet?

have a look at whats in them, I bet its really similar, I got some pregnacare but its the first time i have and this is preg no5 lol I stood in asda for ages choosing and then the pregnacare were £4.00 for 30 or 3 for £10.00 .. but i thought am i really going to take 90? so just got one box lol xx

So long as you are getting the folic acid and arguably vitamin D3, you are all good. You don't need to take a multivitamin unless you want too. There's a fair chunk of evidence that we don't absorb tablet forms of vitamins very well at all. It's better to aim for a good diet! I did buy some Seven Sea's prenatals but I couldn't swallow them, they just made me sick! So I took stand alone folic acid & vitamin d3 capsules, which were much easier to swallow! I still take those now actually although I don't think you need extra folic acid past the first trimester.

I'd be willing to bet the branded prenatals are almost identical to own brand. It's crazy how much extra we spend on branded medication when it's all the same if you look at the ingredients! Like Nurofen - it's twice the price of a non brand ibrubofen but literally identical in medicine content..!

I'm pretty sure I'm throwing my money away on something I'm going to mostly pee out anyway. Most of your Tesco vitamin is probably similar to what's in the Pregnacare.

The only vitamins in my pill that I care about are the Folate/Folic Acid, the Bs, and D. I struggle to keep my D levels in the normal range.

I'm pretty "into" supplements and have decided not to take a prenatal. I'm taking methylfolate (folic acid), Vitamin b6, vitamin d3, and vitamin k2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->