Preparing for C Section - support thread

I'm scared and excited. Mines Wednesday! First on the list. Yey!

I'm worried about pain after. How much I should push myself and mostly having TWO newborns to take care of after.

I have to stay in 48 hours minimum, for the babies sake, they will be 37 weeks.

I'm worried also about being awake and having surgery, Eck, I'm worried ill go into labour before (currently in hospital, contracting but nor dilated) and I'm worried my section will get delayed.

I'm missing my son and husband but seen as I've been in hospital over a week now, the section means its over and ill be out soon. Yey.

Well back home from my section with the truly adorable Jude Arthur who weighed 7lb 13oz, hardly the whopper they were predicting. My section was a fantastic experience. Was in theatre for around an hour, heard my waters, saw my son being born and experienced amazing skin to skin for hours aftewards. Despite him having tongue tie he has managed to feed. Went in Tuesday 7.30am, section at midday, came home Wednesday at 6pm! Can honestly say that my initial recovery was 100 times better than my EMCS although there is still a long way to go. I've found lying in bed and feeding on my side the most comfortable position and it's been great way to have skin to skin.

For all of you with planned sections please try not to worry - it was a great experience and has made me think about having another child despite us saying this would be our last.

Good luck everyone and if you have any questions I will try to answer them xx

Attachments

• Jude at 4 hours old.jpg
    Jude at 4 hours old.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 7
Aww that is such fantastic news! Music to my ears! Tho I think the hospitals are more inclined to let a woman go if she's had a previous csection! Ur baby is gorgeous!

I pray my experience is like yours!
Do they really stick u on a heart monitor? I don't like the idea of that as I'll be panic ridden! X

Well back home from my section with the truly adorable Jude Arthur who weighed 7lb 13oz, hardly the whopper they were predicting. My section was a fantastic experience. Was in theatre for around an hour, heard my waters, saw my son being born and experienced amazing skin to skin for hours aftewards. Despite him having tongue tie he has managed to feed. Went in Tuesday 7.30am, section at midday, came home Wednesday at 6pm! Can honestly say that my initial recovery was 100 times better than my EMCS although there is still a long way to go. I've found lying in bed and feeding on my side the most comfortable position and it's been great way to have skin to skin.

For all of you with planned sections please try not to worry - it was a great experience and has made me think about having another child despite us saying this would be our last.

Good luck everyone and if you have any questions I will try to answer them xx

CONGRATS!!! He is beautiful and so glad you had a great experience! :happydance:

Congrats!!! Great news :) :hugs:

Oh - great name, Jude is at the top of our list :)

Do they really stick u on a heart monitor? I don't like the idea of that as I'll be panic ridden! X

In theatre they do wire you up to a lot of machines but honestly you don't notice them. You have the screen in front of you and the machines behind and once the anaesthetic kicks in you feel all warm and fuzzy a bit like after you've had a glass of champagne, it's fab! And all you can concentrate on is what the surgeon/ anaesthetist is saying and the midwife, too. I think that they're trained to talk to you about different things because the conversation was really flowing and it didn't feel "forced"! Honestly, a brilliant experience. :thumbup:

In theatre they do wire you up to a lot of machines but honestly you don't notice them. You have the screen in front of you and the machines behind and once the anaesthetic kicks in you feel all warm and fuzzy a bit like after you've had a glass of champagne, it's fab! And all you can concentrate on is what the surgeon/ anaesthetist is saying and the midwife, too. I think that they're trained to talk to you about different things because the conversation was really flowing and it didn't feel "forced"! Honestly, a brilliant experience. :thumbup:
I really wish I could feel this way :( did it feel like a lifetime? I really dont know what to think about it all as Im so terrified.

I really wish I could feel this way :( did it feel like a lifetime? I really dont know what to think about it all as Im so terrified.

I couldn't believe how quickly the time went. I was in for an hour. I have to admit that I was scared before going in, who wouldn't be. Tell the midwives and also your anaethetist how you feel because if they know they will do more to make your experience better, I'm sure. Really could not believe how good it was! And your baby is born after 10 minutes and then you cannot concentrate on anything else. I just balled and balled when I saw him and we kept staring at him as the midwife cleaned him up and then handed him to my OH. He then put the baby next to my head and we stared at each other. Wonderful. x

Congrats Jude is sooo handsome!!!!
Glad to hear everything went so well kinda has me looking forward to mine now
Thanks

I do have couple questions- whats the spinal like and do u have to get starkers? Can I wear a bra? Lol... It's gonna feel like a lifetime for me :( I so wish this wasn't happening x

I do have couple questions- whats the spinal like and do u have to get starkers? Can I wear a bra? Lol... It's gonna feel like a lifetime for me :( I so wish this wasn't happening x

For the op you have to get naked and put on a gown. I put my dressing gown on over the top of the gown (so make sure you take a long one) and walked down to theatre. You then meet the surgical team and they talk you through everything that's going to happen. I told them I was feeling a bit nervous and they really settled my nerves. I then sat on the edge of the bed and they numb the area the needle goes in with a local anaesthetic so I didn't really feel much tbh. It feels like a sharp scratch. Then when the anaesthetic goes in you don't feel anything. Your legs go all warm and heavy and they sprayed me with cold water on my shoulder and then on my tummy. Once you cannot feel the water on your tummy or lift your legs they know it's worked and then start the op. I promise you that once they start it really doesn't feel like it takes that long at all xx

For the op you have to get naked and put on a gown. I put my dressing gown on over the top of the gown (so make sure you take a long one) and walked down to theatre. You then meet the surgical team and they talk you through everything that's going to happen. I told them I was feeling a bit nervous and they really settled my nerves. I then sat on the edge of the bed and they numb the area the needle goes in with a local anaesthetic so I didn't really feel much tbh. It feels like a sharp scratch. Then when the anaesthetic goes in you don't feel anything. Your legs go all warm and heavy and they sprayed me with cold water on my shoulder and then on my tummy. Once you cannot feel the water on your tummy or lift your legs they know it's worked and then start the op. I promise you that once they start it really doesn't feel like it takes that long at all xx
Im really not looking forward to this one bit :( can I atleast wear a bra or something under this gown? Im considering cancelling.. :( I feel that bad about it all. xx

They told me to strip down so best to speak with your consultant about the procedure to see what they'll allow. I'm so sorry you feel so bad about it x

Im really not looking forward to this one bit :( can I atleast wear a bra or something under this gown? Im considering cancelling.. :( I feel that bad about it all. xx

Hun don't worry, yes you'll be naked under your gown, but when they ask to get to your back you will just literally expose your back and the gown will still be over your chest and stuff :) they won't see your boobs. :) you won't be fully naked at any point xxxx

Also like to add my mum said she wore paper knickers? But I'm not sure about that one?? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->