Preparing for TTC

bump.on.brain

Reaction score
DH and I are thinking of TTC in August 2017, and so I have started now to think about getting my body ready. With DD I took Folic Acid for about 6 weeks before and this time am also on other medication - both tablets and cream - that I would have to stop before TTC.

I've been looking on the internet about it today and was just wondering if anybody else has started/will be starting doing anything to prep? :flower:

I'm preparing for TTC next year too, hopefully some time in spring :) My doctor recommended I start taking folic acid about a month prior, but I think I will start a few months earlier just in case.

Otherwise, I want to make sure I'm in good physical shape - eat healthy, work out regularly and such. Another obvious one would be to stop smoking, if you are a smoker?
My doctor also said to make sure my immunisations are up to date, so I have taken care of that this year, and she recommended getting any dental work done before getting pregnant as well if you can. I think that about sums it up!

I've been exercising for a long time but that's part of ttc prep for me. As far as supplements, I'm doing a prenatal with natural folate (not folic acid which is synthetic - eta: my midwife told me they believe synthetic folic acid is the cause of all the tongue ties they are seeing in babies nowaday), calcium, dha, milk thistle capsules, and magnesium oil. We're ttc in January 2017 :)

Oh and I'm going to see if I can book my pap for before I'm pregnant since I'll be due while I'm pregnant.

I've been exercising for a long time but that's part of ttc prep for me. As far as supplements, I'm doing a prenatal with natural folate (not folic acid which is synthetic - eta: my midwife told me they believe synthetic folic acid is the cause of all the tongue ties they are seeing in babies nowaday), calcium, dha, milk thistle capsules, and magnesium oil. We're ttc in January 2017 :)

thank you for the heads up, I will ask my doctor about the natural folate! I was wondering, how do you already have a midwife? I thought you only (can) organise that once you are in your 2nd trimester? I'm from the UK and currently living in Germany, so that could be why, but I'm curious!

thank you for the heads up, I will ask my doctor about the natural folate! I was wondering, how do you already have a midwife? I thought you only (can) organise that once you are in your 2nd trimester? I'm from the UK and currently living in Germany, so that could be why, but I'm curious!

Ah yes that is confusing sorry. My littlest is just turning 1 and last year when I had a mw for her birth, the mw mentioned that as she was born with a tongue tie. Pretty much the same here... you have to call right away to get in with a mw since they are highly sought after but they usually don't see you till 9 or so weeks.

We are wttc until march/April 17. With my first I took folic acid from when I came off the pill and fell pregnant thankfully very quickly. Hoping the same happens this time around! I am going to start eating a bit healthier after Xmas as a VERY loose attempt to sway girl but we will see! Good luck :)

Ah yes that is confusing sorry. My littlest is just turning 1 and last year when I had a mw for her birth, the mw mentioned that as she was born with a tongue tie. Pretty much the same here... you have to call right away to get in with a mw since they are highly sought after but they usually don't see you till 9 or so weeks.

Good to know! I will bear that in mind for a day hopefully in the not too far away future... :)

she recommended getting any dental work done before getting pregnant as well if you can. I think that about sums it up!

That's a really good point! I really, really don't like going to the dentist so avoid going as much as I can. I know I'm due for some gum care though so definitely worth booking in before TTC now that you've mentioned it as I've heard pregnancy is very rough on your teeth!

As far as supplements, I'm doing a prenatal with natural folate (not folic acid which is synthetic - eta: my midwife told me they believe synthetic folic acid is the cause of all the tongue ties they are seeing in babies nowaday)

Wow, I haven't heard of that before! Thank you for sharing.

Oh and I'm going to see if I can book my pap for before I'm pregnant since I'll be due while I'm pregnant.

Oh yeah, I need to do that too... :cry:

I am going to start eating a bit healthier after Xmas as a VERY loose attempt to sway girl but we will see! Good luck :)

Ooh, I've not heard of that as one of the ways to increase chances of a girl??

she recommended getting any dental work done before getting pregnant as well if you can. I think that about sums it up!

That's a really good point! I really, really don't like going to the dentist so avoid going as much as I can. I know I'm due for some gum care though so definitely worth booking in before TTC now that you've mentioned it as I've heard pregnancy is very rough on your teeth!

As far as supplements, I'm doing a prenatal with natural folate (not folic acid which is synthetic - eta: my midwife told me they believe synthetic folic acid is the cause of all the tongue ties they are seeing in babies nowaday)

Wow, I haven't heard of that before! Thank you for sharing.

Oh yeah, I need to do that too... :cry:

I am going to start eating a bit healthier after Xmas as a VERY loose attempt to sway girl but we will see! Good luck :)

Ooh, I've not heard of that as one of the ways to increase chances of a girl??

Yes apparently low fat, salt etc and acidic diet is a way tos way gender. Cranberries and strawberries are supposed to be good!

I'm planning on TTC in early 2017 and am already taking vitamins for it. I take folic acid, a multivitamin, iron during my periods because they have the tendency to wipe out my stores and a probiotic everyday to prevent UTIs. I'm not worried about losing weight right now because we're going to try to sway for a boy using the Shettles Method and the more nourished you are, the higher chances for a boy... or so they say. Since this will be our last baby, I will have all the time in the world to lose the weight after birth. I will probably take baby aspirin and drink raspberry tea during the TWW the cycle we decide to TTC.

Were planning on ttc in July/August 2017 too! I am planning on coming of bc the beggining of July 2017 and then starting the pre natal folic acid and up until then we are eating pretty well and also taking up a bit more exercise...mainly because we have 2 holidays and a wedding to attend next year so want to be in good shape anyway. Hopefully we may all be pregnant this time next year in 1st trimester �� x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->