Preparing Nursery..too soon?

So, just out of curiosity then, are people generally not having baby in the room with them for 6 months. I've not found any evidence that paint fumes last longer than 4 weeks maximum.

I say go for it and enjoy every minute - I am looking forward to sorting out the nursery ready for #2 but more excited (and slightly saddened) about getting DS new room sorted :thumbup: he is currently in the nursery and need to move him to his new big boy room etc and then I can sort out the nursery but baby will be in our room for the first 6 months so no rush and I cannot sort clothing until after my scan in 9 days so I know if I just need to sort our DS's clothes or buy new but we have a lot of newborn neutral stuff to start with (even though we knew we were having a boy we knew we would have #2)

We are probably not going to have her in with us for 6 months. Our bedrooms are pretty close and we will be using a baby monitor. The Moses basket or similar will be in our room for as short a period of time as possible, then she will be in her cot.

not too early at all. i have everything except cotbed (later) changing unit(on the list!) and wardrobe (later)

but then I have to as my OH is a slow and measured type who likes to really consider items before purchasing. for example, a sofa......saw one I liked back in 2011, having gone on and on about it he finally agreed (after an eternity researching online!) to buy it for my birthday this year ('15!!!) and then we find it has been discontinued 6 weeks before. i was livid.

he learnt a lesson there so yes, i am getting everything ready ahead of time as he needs time to research before we can buy anything. if he causes me to lose out on vital items I will be using him as the changing unit and see how he likes it. :haha:

seriously though, do it whilst you have the time, energy and inclination.

I dont think its too soon :). Go for it! You have the energy and motivation, so why not? You will have several more weeks to make sure you are happy with where things are and how they are set up. If i was doing a nursery I would have it set up by now and I'm almost 27 weeks!

So, just out of curiosity then, are people generally not having baby in the room with them for 6 months. I've not found any evidence that paint fumes last longer than 4 weeks maximum.

We will be (I'm so paranoid about SIDS so I want LO in for minimum 6 months) but I've always got the nursery ready a while before LO was here so that we didn't have to sort it once we had a baby to look after and I used the paint fume excuse to make DH pull his finger out and help :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->