Preparing to TTC after m/c..Questions

Dannie138

Mommy to 2 & 2 Angels
Reaction score
I just found out last Tues that I lost my little one. I should have been about 10 weeks, baby was measuring 7. I took the medical intervention and I believe (TMI) passed the baby yesterday.

What is average timeframe for my period to return? Besides prenatals, should I be taking an extra folic acid tablet or anything else?

I started charting again (just to see what my temps are up to) and they are dropping (not below my coverline yet). I haven't tried a pregnancy test since Tues (still said pregnant). When should I try OPK's again? Although we are not trying until after I get my period, I'd like to see if I ovulate this cycle...

Thanks so much ladies!

First of all, so sorry for your loss. It is devastating, I know... Next, I was told by my doc to expect a period within 6 weeks. Well, I am 6 weeks post D&C today, still no AF or signs of one. Also, he did tell me to increase my folic acid. So I am taking a total of 1200 mcg per day, 800 from my prenatal and another 400 in pill form from walmart. Also, from what I have read, if you have ANY HCG left in your body, an OPK can read positive when you are not really ovulating. So it is best to save your money and buy those only after you know 100% that your levels have dropped and maybe even after your first AF wait to try them.... Wishing you a fast recovery and a very sticky bean in 2010! Baby dust to you!

Thanks so much. I have extra folic acid tablets that I'll take...I bought a bunch of IC preg/ovul tests, so when they come in, I'll try a preg one and see if it's neg yet!

I had a huge drop in temp today, so hopefully it will be good.

You are very welcome! I am sending sticky baby dust your way for when you are ready to try again!

hi i had an early mc on 22 feb. I also got told to take extra folic acid and to keep up the higher amount untill 3months into my next pregnacy.
My doctor told me to keep taking hpt every 5 days untill i get a negative then 4-6 weeks after that i shoud expect af. She said this is because untill all of the HCG is out of your system you wont begin a new cycle and you dont ovulate when your body thinks its still pregnant, which means on HCG in your system.
Hope this helps

I had a m/c 12/3, I was 10w1d. My first period was 4 weeks later, to the day. I had a +OPK on CD19 but did not O

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->