Preparing to TTC

BrittneyAnne

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So I'm here looking for some advice...

My husband and I recently decided that we would start TTC at the end of the year, about December. This would be our first time TTC and I'm a little lost as to what I should do to prepare! Financially and home wise I think we are good. It's just what I specifically should do in order to get ready.

Thanks in advance! 😊

Are you planning to use Ovulation sticks? ICs (internet cheapies) like wondfo are good to get. I would also start using FF (fertility friend, even has an app) to track everything including your period. That will help with the TTC process. You can even go deeper then that and track your BBT.

As for what you need for baby, I would start with keeping an eye out for good deals on Nursery furniture sets. Anything like that that you wouldn't mind stocking up on now. Even diapers especially if you plan to use cloth diapers. I wish I would have prepared with the bigger things like furniture when I was trying to conceive. That way I wouldn't have spent as much money all at once.

Are you planning to use Ovulation sticks? ICs (internet cheapies) like wondfo are good to get. I would also start using FF (fertility friend, even has an app) to track everything including your period. That will help with the TTC process. You can even go deeper then that and track your BBT.

As for what you need for baby, I would start with keeping an eye out for good deals on Nursery furniture sets. Anything like that that you wouldn't mind stocking up on now. Even diapers especially if you plan to use cloth diapers. I wish I would have prepared with the bigger things like furniture when I was trying to conceive. That way I wouldn't have spent as much money all at once.

Thank you!

I don't think I'm going to try too hard in the beginning but I'm sure I'll eventually get there. I'm currently looking for an OBGYN. I'm going to get my IUD out in November. What should I ask the doctor? I just don't know what to do in that regards. Do I start a prenatal or anything?

Yes for sure, prenatal vitamins can really help during TTC as well. I don't really know your medical history but you could always tell them that you're planning to try for a baby and see if there's any advice they can give you based their medical training and your history.

I've never used an IUD so I can't really give advice based on that.

There really isn't too much you need to do to prepare. I would make sure you're in good health. If you want to start eating healthier before you're pregnant, start now. If you want to be more active or lose a bit of weight, do it now so you're in the best possible shape when you're pregnant.

Start taking folic acid or a pregnancy vitamin a few months in advance. With my first I started around 6 months before, but second time around, I only started maybe 3 months before.

But mostly, I would just get on and enjoy life. Life changes drastically when you're pregnant and when you become parents. You won't feel well likely for at least several months. You'll potentially be in bed at 7pm most nights. You won't have energy to do the things together you might have once done. And once you have your baby, you won't have the time, for yourself or each other that you once did. So I would take weekends away, go to all those restaurants you've been wanting to try, take the trip you've always wanted to take, sleep late, stay up late, etc. The sort of things you won't easily be able to do anymore once you are parents. For me, I think that was the most important thing, so that when it happened, we both felt emotionally ready to move on to a new chapter in life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->