Preperation

bmuir11207

Mother of 2 girls
Reaction score
what is everyone doing to prepare for pregnancy? for me i am:

-eating more natural food
-seeing a chiropractor (my hips are and have been way out causing 3 out of 4 of my girls to stay breech)
-seeing someone to help reduce my scar tissue (from 4 c-sections) naturally
-when i get the money im going to buy the hipnobaby CDs so i can start training now
i think that is all for now

I am planning on losing some weight, which at the same time will be making me eat more healthy foods and fruits and veggies.
I'm also taking pre-natal vitamins.
And saving money too!

Other than that I don't think there's anything else I can do!

-lose at least 20kg -though 48 would be ideal-
-get my own place, weather it be rented or bought. Just as long as I'm not living with family.
-will start taking prenatals around March '14 (6-7 months prior to ttc)
- try get my license and a car
-find a new job with better hours and pay
-try find a more natural way of minimizing my endo symptoms.
-discuss with the current donor to make sure we aree on everything, or find a new one.

- Going to the gym 4x times a week to build muscle and get fit, plus lose some weight
- Taking my wholefood prenatal and fish oil
- Drinking RLT most days, with nettles and dandelion in the post this week
- Already eat mostly organic and hardly any sugar and don't use any chemicals on a day to day basis (shampoo free, toothpaste free etc) and I never drank alcohol or coffee etc to start with.

Non health things:
- Read/reading ALL the pregnancy/birth books
- Saving for homebirth and related expenses
- Going to buy an exercise ball soon
- Got some pregnancy clothes but will get the rest when preg.

That's all I can think of for now. The only other thing I wish I could do was drink fluoride free water (our city was is fluoridated :() but I can't afford a reverse osmosis filter. And I really want to do yoga but can't atm due to work hours, but I'll be able to once I'm pregnant and part time. :)

I'm
  • Losing as much weight as possible so that I can get my cycles going
  • Taking conception supplement, as well as evening primrose oil and agnus castus
  • We will be starting to save for a new 7 seater car when we get back from honeymoon
  • Getting hubby on a conception supplement too

I changed my eating habits some time ago so that's ok but....

*Found the perfect donor
*Increased my vitamins including taking folic acid
*stopped drinking all together
*increased my exercise
*Read up on all the info I will need (forums, books etc)

wow you ladies are really doing a lot!

i've just been eating well (not even for pregnancy just to be healthier!)
been talking to DS about siblings etc

that's it...oh my i feel so...behind...lol

I think all this prep is just to keep me occupied whilst i wtt. I'm so ready to start, its frustrating lol. Oh and i've given up coffee as well which was incredibly hard :(

I think I have also found my perfect donor :)
And, I do agree with the pp....most of this prep has been to fill in the time I need to Wait. If it wouldn't set alarm bells off with my family (I don't want them to know just yet), I would probably start buying clothes and other such things baby will need, including some of the bigger stuff. It's a way to fill in time, that still seems productive

Started loosing the extra weight I have been needing to shed. I've lost 14.5lbs so far, BMI is at 27.7. Unfortunately I have another 14.5lbs to go before my BMI is normal. I'll continue to loose until our little bun is in the oven. Then my BMI is just gonna have to wait until after baby.

Taking prentals.

Trying to get my hands on books, but not having much luck.

Scheduled an appt for my annual (it's been years since I've had one, shame on me) and to get any info before TTC.

Will be scheduling a dentist appt for a cleaning.

Trying to get painting done so I don't have to depend on DH once I'm knocked up.

Reading everything I can online until I can get my hands on a few books.

I have tragically gotten out of the swing of things since I started grad school, but I am determined to be far more disciplined starting next week!

This will include:
-Going to the gym every weekday
-Eating more veggies and try to cut out processed foods
-Being more diligent about taking my prenatals
-Continue to chart, and have also begun using OPKs
-Get my husband on a fertility-boosting vitamin :)

You girls are a real inspiration!!

well ive been preparing for oct/nov 2013 since august.

i take long walks everyday at least 2 hours 5 times a week.

im on:
fresh royal jelly with honey mix
folic acide 600 mgs
evening primrose until O
Wheat germ oil 1000mgs ( read that it dialates the fallopian tubes , makes it easier for the egg to get to the uterus )

DH is on:
l-arginin 1000mgs
vit c 1000mgs
vit e, selenium , zinc
fresh royal jelly with honey mix
ginseng with honey mix
wheat germ oil 2000mgs
maca 900mgs
horny goat weed 1500mgs

:happydance: cant wait

Im the same! lol. I don't want my family to know just yet. They know i want to start a family but i want to wait till i get my BFP. I keep sneaking my daily dose of folic acid when i think no one's looking.

And, I do agree with the pp....most of this prep has been to fill in the time I need to Wait. If it wouldn't set alarm bells off with my family (I don't want them to know just yet), I would probably start buying clothes and other such things baby will need, including some of the bigger stuff. It's a way to fill in time, that still seems productive

Im the same! lol. I don't want my family to know just yet. They know i want to start a family but i want to wait till i get my BFP. I keep sneaking my daily dose of folic acid when i think no one's looking.

as of yrt, i am not taking folic acid, though there is 300mcg in my womens multi....which i fail at taking haha. Also, until yesterday, my family didn't even know I was interested in having a child any time soon (i've just turned 22), so figured they wouldn't take the news too happily. BUT, upon letting it slip that I have done some research on donors and pregnancy with endo (admittedly, i did use 'finding a 'cure' for my endo' as an excuse), and my brother was supportive, and mom was...well...silent. So, I may tell them sooner than planned. I'm not sure. I still want to move out before telling them of my actual plans though.

Good point cntrygal. We also had doctor visits, blood tests and dentist visits. DF had genetic testing for the gene for the disease that's in my family as I'm a carrier. If he was a carrier too our baby would probably have it, but luckily he doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->