prescribed meds

velvetdreams

Reaction score
Hello Ladies & mums..

Anyone experienced and was prescribed an antibiotic (cefuroxime) and vaginal tablets during 1st trimester? my OB prescribed it to me in order to prevent UTI and yeast infection coz I always got a discharge.

i'm getting paranoid since i'm only 5 weeks.

thanks for you feedback!

Never heard of getting prescribed something for extra discharge in order to prevent YI....do you currently have a YI??? Discharge is totally normal in pregnancy, some have LOTS and others have minimal...

Neither of those will prevent a UTI or yeast infection if you don't have it (the antibiotics likely will cause a yeast infection though if you're someone who is susceptible to them as they kill off the good bacteria that is naturally preventative). I would just hold on to them until you need it (positive urine test for an infection for the antibiotics and signs of yeast infection for the anti fungal tablet). The vaginal tablet is perfectly safe in pregnancy but it only works as treatment not to prevent. If you're worried about either, lots of water and natural 100% cranberry juice and a daily probiotic will help lots. So like neither should do any harm but they won't prevent anything you don't already have so I wouldn't bother taking them at this point.

Never heard of getting prescribed something for extra discharge in order to prevent YI....do you currently have a YI??? Discharge is totally normal in pregnancy, some have LOTS and others have minimal...

yeah i had one these few months and during the TWW i had some urinary incontinence and I had a very very light brown color discharge

Neither of those will prevent a UTI or yeast infection if you don't have it (the antibiotics likely will cause a yeast infection though if you're someone who is susceptible to them as they kill off the good bacteria that is naturally preventative). I would just hold on to them until you need it (positive urine test for an infection for the antibiotics and signs of yeast infection for the anti fungal tablet). The vaginal tablet is perfectly safe in pregnancy but it only works as treatment not to prevent. If you're worried about either, lots of water and natural 100% cranberry juice and a daily probiotic will help lots. So like neither should do any harm but they won't prevent anything you don't already have so I wouldn't bother taking them at this point.

yeah it's kinda weird tho.. I had UTI during my first pregnancy but my previous OB didn't prescribe antibiotics orally but intravenously..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->