prescription milk

Flutterbys

Reaction score
I have a few q's wondering if anyone can help me...

firstly i have twins, my son has really bad exzema and was always being sick, so the dr put him on gaviscon eventually for reflux but his exzema is really bad so the dr said he could be allergic to cows milk protein so has put him on pepti jr, does anyone have an experience of this and does it help the skin problem, i feel terrible for my boy he rubs his head til it bleeds even if he has mitts on.

the dr has just put my daugther on a different prescription milk nutramigen 1, she screams a lot for no reason and then stops and is ok, hes not sure at all what is wrong with her but thought it was the cows milk protein allergy but wanted to try her on a different milk than the one my son is on. Does anyone know anything that might be of any help, she screams, screams when taking bottles struggles to take a full feed even thou it seems like she wants to, shes only small and im worried she wont grow properly, shes nearly 5 months old and 0-3 babies clothes are still to be for her.

Poor you huni,

Don't really have any advice, they do say that bad exzema is a sign of a cows milk intolerance, so I would say that it will help his skin problems.

Your poor little girl, sounds like shes either suffering from silent reflux or an intolerance.

Has your doc referred you to the hospital? If he hasn't, I would make an app to see a different doc and demand a referral to the hosp, you can't go on not knowing whats wrong with your babies!!

Michelle xx

It sounds like reflux and/or allergies

TBH I'd go and see a proper paediatrician, they will be able to work out a prognosis for both your bubba's :flow:

does sound a bit refluxy to me as well.
my LO was nutramigen for a while after regular formula gave her a rash all over (breastmilk was fine but I had to stop).
the nutramigen cleared up her rash but we had similar discomfort during slow feeds.
turned out it was reflux.
the nutramigen is quite watery so I guess that makes it harder to staydown.
hope you get it sorted x

:hugs: My LO was on aptamil pepti (which I'm guessing is the same thing but made by aptamil not C&G). If it is a true CMP allergy, then the pepti is probably no good as it's made from heavily broken down cow's milk (maybe that's why your LO still has excema). Holly was switched to Nutramigen AA, which is made from amino acids and has no cow's milk proteins hatsoever. Nutramigen 1 is still made from cow's milk too I believe. I agree with Michelle and Farie, your daughter could be suffering with reflux or allergies, or both. I hope you get it sorted soon, it must be even harder with 2 bubbas to look after. x x

His skin seems to have cleared up but im not sure if thats because hes on anti b's at the moment, but hes so itchy and is always trying to stratch himself i asked the dr what i could do to help him with the itching but he wasnt of much help, i feel bad for him cos hes learning to use his hands but if you dont put mitts on him then hes ripped half the skin off his head off.

We have been weaning her over onto the newer milk and so far so good, the dr never mentioned anything about it maybe being reflux at one point when i mentioned something to him he looked at me and said i dont know what that means, no i im not sure he meant what i meant or what was wrong.

hopefully it'll all come together one day

His skin seems to have cleared up but im not sure if thats because hes on anti b's at the moment, but hes so itchy and is always trying to stratch himself i asked the dr what i could do to help him with the itching but he wasnt of much help, i feel bad for him cos hes learning to use his hands but if you dont put mitts on him then hes ripped half the skin off his head off.

We have been weaning her over onto the newer milk and so far so good, the dr never mentioned anything about it maybe being reflux at one point when i mentioned something to him he looked at me and said i dont know what that means, no i im not sure he meant what i meant or what was wrong.

hopefully it'll all come together one day

I'm glad things are getting a bit better, your doc doesn't sound like much help, if I were you I would go and see another GP, I did this recently and straight away she referred us to the hosp xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->