Preseed experiences / successes?

mrs unicorn

Reaction score
Hi, we're on our second cycle TTC and will be trying preseed for the first time this month. Just wondered if anyone else is giving this a try or has done? Would love to hear some stories!

Used it with both pregnancies. Conceived after 6 months with my son and this time I conceived on the 3rd month of actively trying. I'm having a boy this time too.

I used it for about 7 months while ttc the month I didn't use it I conceived!

I have Heard a lot of success stories with it though just didn't work for me. Soft cups did the trick for me and soy after 17 months of trying

ohh I'm wondering too.. will be using this as well...

Aww congratulations dawnlouise! I've read quite a lot of positive stories so thought I'd give it a go. I know it's no miracle baby making stuff but it can't hurt and we might like it!

Congratulations tesh23! I've read quite a few stories about soft cups too, although not sure I fancy those just yet!!

Hi ashnamber, we will have to report back on what we think of it. I'm not overly hopeful this cycle as we can't bd as much as we'd like. We're stopping with friends day before and day of Ov - typical! Wish we were back in our early twenties, stopping at others houses never used to bother us!! Haha!!

I really liked preseed, it sort of helps when ttc puts sex more on a schedule rather than spontaneous and dare I say it fun :-( it's none sticky, I found you only needed less than half the recommended amount, but it's all trial and error.
I had heard it favours boys, in our case that's true.
With this pregnancy we didn't dtd the day before ovulation or on the day, just in the run up to it so fingers crossed there's a chance this month for you too. Xxx

That gives me so much hope, thank you dawnlouise! I had convinced myself it wouldn't happen this month because of timing, but it's so good to know it is definitely possible! That's interesting, I hadn't heard about it favouring a gender. Is it to do with faster male sperm being helped out even more? Not that it matters, we would be happy with a boy or girl anyway.

Yes, I have also read about not needing the recommended amount. I don't really need it during sex (although I have noticed that I have less cm since coming off the bcp) 4mg or whatever it is seems loads!! Think I'll try 1 and see how it goes.

I think I used between 1 and 2 and it was fine.
I'm not really sure why it's meant to favour boys, but it seems common. It may be as you suggest that it already helps the faster male ones along . I also wonder if not dtd on ovulation didn't matter so much as the preseed gives them more nourishment to last longer, get to where they need to be and then wait for the egg, just a theory.
It's all very hard to pin down. Good luck this month. X X

That's what I'm hoping! Thank you, and wishing you a H&H 9 months! Xx

I used it with both pregnancies and had a girl 1st and I'm pregnant with a boy this time. Also used softcups with it the first time. Good luck!!

Aww congratulations dawnlouise! I've read quite a lot of positive stories so thought I'd give it a go. I know it's no miracle baby making stuff but it can't hurt and we might like it!

Congratulations tesh23! I've read quite a few stories about soft cups too, although not sure I fancy those just yet!!

Hi ashnamber, we will have to report back on what we think of it. I'm not overly hopeful this cycle as we can't bd as much as we'd like. We're stopping with friends day before and day of Ov - typical! Wish we were back in our early twenties, stopping at others houses never used to bother us!! Haha!!

I did hear use half of what they recommend because it can get really messy.. I'm using it to help with AI.. but will definitely let you know how it works for me..

I used it with both pregnancies and had a girl 1st and I'm pregnant with a boy this time. Also used softcups with it the first time. Good luck!!

Ameli. I was thinking of using softcups.. They look so complicated.. :shrug:

Yeah I'm a bit scared of soft cups, sounds like they are a bit tricky to get in right!

Ameli - how many cycles did it take until you got your bfps?

ashnamber - fx it helps with AI. Was it recommended or is it something you thought you'd try? Wishing you lots of luck!

The softcups weren't hard but took a little practice. I would recommend trying them on your own beforehand.
I was very lucky and got pregnant on the 3rd cycle with my daughter (about 2 yrs ago) and 1st cycle this time. Wishing all of you tons of success and :dust: !

Yeah I'm a bit scared of soft cups, sounds like they are a bit tricky to get in right!

Ameli - how many cycles did it take until you got your bfps?

ashnamber - fx it helps with AI. Was it recommended or is it something you thought you'd try? Wishing you lots of luck!

Thanks hun.. Something we thought we would try.. Just really hope it works[-o<.. We meet with the donor and his wife on sunday :shy: ..

The softcups weren't hard but took a little practice. I would recommend trying them on your own beforehand.
I was very lucky and got pregnant on the 3rd cycle with my daughter (about 2 yrs ago) and 1st cycle this time. Wishing all of you tons of success and :dust: !

I'll have to practice with it once :witch: is gone.. Don't think I can stomach messing with it her her there. :haha: and thats awesome you got your :bfp: your first try!!

Oh wow, good luck for Sunday. Hope it goes well!

Ameli - yes amazing it didn't take you long at all. So lucky, I'm soaking up all that babydust!!

We used it for the first time this cycle. I'm trying not to put too much hope in it, but I figured it couldn't hurt. DH really liked it, which is huge bc he usually hates lube. I think the applicator is genius. Really helps minimize the mess. I started with 2 and then increased to 2.5. A lot more dripped out the second time around. I can see how the soft cups might be useful along with it. Fingers crossed it happens for us this time around, and FX to you!

We used it for the first time this cycle. I'm trying not to put too much hope in it, but I figured it couldn't hurt. DH really liked it, which is huge bc he usually hates lube. I think the applicator is genius. Really helps minimize the mess. I started with 2 and then increased to 2.5. A lot more dripped out the second time around. I can see how the soft cups might be useful along with it. Fingers crossed it happens for us this time around, and FX to you!

Hi! Well I'm a convert, and will continue to use it for as long as we need. DH said it felt a bit different but think I felt more of a difference (in a good way) I tried between 1-2, 1 was fine but I noticed some leakage for a bit afterwards using more (sorry TMI!) yeah the applicator is great, didn't have any trouble with that at all. Baby dust to all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->