Present for when OH baby comes along, should I or shouldn't I?

R

raindrops009

Ok well my OH's baby is due soon, (if you've read some of my posts you'll know it's not mine, he concieved the baby just before he got with me), right anyways I was thinking of making a patch work quilt? I've got tones of old clothes that needs using and just thought it would be nice. He's really creative so I'm thinking this would be a nice gesture? Plus it probably sympolises to me and him that I have finally got over the whole baby issue and how he's going to be a Dad. I've had a really bad time getting my head around it recently, getting so stupidly broody.
But guys I am so scared when the baby comes the broody feelings are going to come back and i'm going to get so jealous of him. I know that i'll have to wait a few years, but it's still going to feel so wierd being second best, sounds so selfish but i'm honest so i don't mind saying it.

xx

I would do it if i were you. It sounds like a really great idea to show how supportive you are of him and that you are okay with it. It shows your love. I think it's a great idea

I think the quilt is a really nice idea too. Well done you with this, its got to be tough.

I think its a fantastic idea. You're a very sweet woman to do something like that and I think your OH would love to see you've come around.

i think it's a good idea as well... if you're going to be with him, then this will show how supportive you are trying to be of the situation :hugs:

I agree with the others, and think that the fact that you're making rather than buying shows you put a lot of thought and effort in. :hugs: Hope it all works out right.

I think its a nice idea to show you care :hugs: That cannot be easy i think i would be crazy jealous :(

Having read your other posts in your journal, I really don't think you should. You've been with him just a few months and he's cheated on you twice. I hope that very soon you'll see that you deserve to be treated so much better than that. So I personally wouldn't get involved in his kid's life.
Plus the baby's mum will probably feel quite emotional about giving birth and becoming a single mum and from her point of view, you're part of the reason he's not with her. I'm not saying that you are but that's how she'll see it so I think it'd be good to keep a respectful distance.

Having read your other posts in your journal, I really don't think you should. You've been with him just a few months and he's cheated on you twice. I hope that very soon you'll see that you deserve to be treated so much better than that. So I personally wouldn't get involved in his kid's life.
Plus the baby's mum will probably feel quite emotional about giving birth and becoming a single mum and from her point of view, you're part of the reason he's not with her. I'm not saying that you are but that's how she'll see it so I think it'd be good to keep a respectful distance.

I've known my OH for quite a while now, he's cheated on me with my best mate when i was dating him, i thought it was when i was with him at first. Then another woman but it was once, he was off his face and she came onto him (i've got witnesses). Maybe i do deserve to be treated better, but I want this to work out. I have got really big feelings for my OH.
Oh and the babys mum does not see me as the reason they're not together. They will never get back together, they don't get on and the only reason they talk is because of the baby. I got with him after they split up and he's told her straight that they both have to move on and speak for the babies sake.
I know everyone thinks I should just get rid of him, but no-one sees what I see. The sweet lad, who would do anything to see me happy. He writes letters to me and has even apoligised to my parents and told them that he will look after me. Everyone makes mistakes, he use to be an idiot and didn't care about anything, but he promised to change for me and himself. I am not giving up on this one.

It's entirely up to you hun, you will make your own mind up.

Personally, I have read your other posts and can see things from both points of view, it would be a nice gesture to show you are supportive of OH. But on the same token if I was baby's mum I wouldn't be too happy about recieving a gift from the 'other woman' (I don't know if you two get on?)

Just do what you think is right, like I said it is a nice gesture but just be careful of stepping on toes, you have been through enough :hugs:

its a very nice gesture of you, i don't think i could get my head round my OH having a baby with someone else. lots of luck to you x

It's entirely up to you hun, you will make your own mind up.

Personally, I have read your other posts and can see things from both points of view, it would be a nice gesture to show you are supportive of OH. But on the same token if I was baby's mum I wouldn't be too happy about recieving a gift from the 'other woman' (I don't know if you two get on?)

Just do what you think is right, like I said it is a nice gesture but just be careful of stepping on toes, you have been through enough :hugs:

Aww thankyou, i might do.
I won't give it to the OH's babys mum, i'd just give it to the OH for when the baby goes to his. I'm not sure if me and the babies mum gets on, the last time I spoke to her I had a go because she was smoking and drinking when she was pregnant and was just being a bitch basically....

xx

that's a great idea :thumbup: must be hard on you though, it'll be your turn someday :hugs: and OH will have gotten some practice in. he's lucky to have such a supportive gf! i hope he knows that

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->