press request, boosting fertility

marycarmel

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I'm a freelance health journalist and am writing a feature for Take a Break magazine (UK mag - it's for the health section, which is pretty tame compared to the rest of the magazine) about the different products that are currently on the market to help women conceive. I'm talking about things like ovulation monitors, temperature charting, lubricants, herbs, acupuncture, guided imagery (hypnosis) and ovulation monitors. I won't be writing about IVF or fertility drugs like Clomid for this feature.

Anyway, I'm looking for a case study - a UK-based woman who has had trouble getting pregnant - who is using some or a few of these products to aid conception and wondered if any of you would be interested.

You would need to be ok about being named in the mag and to send in a photo. I would do the interview on the phone and you can see what I have written up before I send it to my editor.

I have a personal interest in this research, but unfortunately cannot use myself as a case study.

A lot of the feature will be taken up with expert comment from hospital consultants on the usefulness of these products and the case study is a small (but important) part of it - perhaps 100 or 150 words out of 800.

All the best

Mary

I won't be taking this up but I would like to see who does :)

I would be interested too. Been trying for about six years with 4 failed ivf's and used many prediction kits without success. I am currently only using pre seed and trying to be a bit more relaxed about things (easier said than done!)

Who know's this could be my month (I say this every month)

All the best
Sarah

Thanks for the replies! I'm not sure how I can contact those of you who are interested as I can't seem to find a way to contact you through the site.

I'd rather not put my phone number on here and I'm not allowed to put my email address or website on here because of spam controls, so it would be great if anyone who is interested in taking part looks me up online (sorry its long winded but don't know what else to do).

Google search 'Mary Salmon journalist UK' and I will be there, with contact details.

Thanks again. (Perhaps I'm missing an easy way of contacting you via this site, sorry if that is the case)

Mary

I've now put my website address under 'contact details' on this site. Should make it easier to contact me. :happydance:

You can send "private messages" to the individuals with your name and contact info. If you go the person's profile, there should be a link for that.

I would be interested too. Been trying for about six years with 4 failed ivf's and used many prediction kits without success. I am currently only using pre seed and trying to be a bit more relaxed about things (easier said than done!)

Who know's this could be my month (I say this every month)

All the best
Sarah

Hi Sarah

I have sent you a message via Skype (from your contact details on here). Hope that's ok.

Mary

hi marycarmel i have not been trying too long but i do read take a break without fail so will look forward to your review if you are he same person that does the 5 things about ???? section or even if you could pass on message just thanks for the bit on endometriosis it made me go to docs and get checked out , gynae doesnt thin i got i but has been looked into thanks again xx

It's only polite to look around other peoples websites and read the conditions before posting had you done so you would have noticed 'Press & Research'. With the members best interest please could you post any further research within the right area of our forum.

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->