Pretty stupid question about scans

Stephytiggs

Reaction score
Hi everyone...

We had our growth scan on Wednesday. When we came out the consultant wrote our report etc and the position of both babies head down.

Now when she was scanning me she had the wand at the top of my belly taking head measurements for twin one? Does the wand not have to be directly over a body part to see it etc?

Super confused!!

TIA! xx

Im not sure exactly how they measure but think the machine works out measurements for them

If you imagine the sort of triangular shape on screen that the picture comes up in, the probe is at the tip of the triangle and the ultrasound beam fans out as it gets longer. So if they were pointing it down they should be able to see everything in the line of the beam including head. Hope that makes sense!

I don't have specifics but I always thought it was interesting how they can move all the way from the bottom of your belly to the top and still be looking at the same part of the baby!

Thanks everyone!! Its so hard to tell which twin is which. Twin b has severe iugr so I like to know which movements are which so I can keep an eye on her movement xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->