Pretty sure found HB on doppler at 10+6...

icklemonster

Reaction score
I've been feeling a bit worried as this week my symptoms have been coming and going. Hopefully just a sign of placenta taking over though. So I made DH head into the loft to get out my doppler.

I knew at 10+6 it might be a risky plan but pretty sure after a while of searching I found bubs HB. I don't know what else in my lower abdomen would be going 166bpm. It's not a long clip as I kept losing it but found it 3 times in total. If anyone cares to listen I've uploaded clip here https://chirb.it/Js9y0E

xxx

I just edited and put up a better link! The original made the sound quality poor x

Thanks darkstar and babywesson :flower:
It makes me feel so much more reassured for my scan on Friday. I've been winding myself up the last few days reading about MMCs. No idea why I do it to myself :wacko: Google is not my friend.

Definitely sounds like baby :)

Google super sucks for pregnancy stuff x

When I was pregnant with DD, I found the heartbeat at exactly 11 weeks on the Doppler at home.

yea im almost certain that is the baby's heartbeat! I found mine at 11 weeks & something & it sounded just like that! still does lOl. I listen 2 it often for reassurance.

i've been finding mine since about 10 and half weeks but its taken some searching and its only the last couple of days that its stayed put long enough and been loud enough for my doppler to give me a reading on it. At 11 +4 yesterday i found it almost immediately and got a clear reading between 168-170 :)

My doppler doesn't have a heart rate counter, but it plugs into the laptop and we record the noise through goldwave then DH calculates the heart rate for me. I read 170bpm is around perfect for this gestation. I'm kind of tempted to have another go now, but on the other hand it's only 3 days until my scan and if I can't find it today I'll freak out lol xxx

Got my Doppler this morning and have had a couple of goes but no luck yet. Can hear the whooshing noise which I think is the placenta? Do you find its best with ful/empty bladder? I read not to eat before?
Thanks, Kath.

It can take a long time to find. It is also probably MUCH lower than you expect at this stage. I found that recording literally just above my hair line!! You have to push quite firmly too.
I eat all the time at the moment, an constantly need a wee so imagine I was full with an empty bladder :)

Got my Doppler this morning and have had a couple of goes but no luck yet. Can hear the whooshing noise which I think is the placenta? Do you find its best with ful/empty bladder? I read not to eat before?
Thanks, Kath.

I found mine easiest to find on an empty bladder before I'd eaten or drank anything in the morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"