Pretty sure I'm gonna lose my shit today....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Amsan, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Amsan

Amsan Well-Known Member

Had my weekly appointment. Still only dilated to a 1. 75-80% effaced. Something about -2 but I have no idea what that means. So, although I'm happy about this, I'm also super upset that I couldn't have even been set up for an induction. I'm beyond uncomfortable.

I feel like my hip is going to shatter at any given moment. My hormones are through the roof.

My heartburn has kicked in full affect. Again.

I feel like my boobs, also, are on fire.

I STILL have a cold, that I've had for, ooooh I think 3 weeks now. So I can't breathe.

All I've wanted to do after leaving my doctor's appointment today is just cry. That's all. Just cry. Although completely irrational, I feel like this child is never going to come out (I still have a week until my due date, I know there's still time. Like I said. Completely irrational.) But I feel like nothing is changing. At all.

And to top it all off....

I'm STILL stuck at work. I have YET to eat ANYTHING AT ALL today because I didn't have time between appointments to eat, and I would have been bitched at had I gone to get something after.

Even better? The girl I'm training clogged the freaking toilet. AND THEN LEFT IT. I have no idea where the plunger is, and I would have to ask one of the guys where it is and make it look like I'M the one who clogged it. And I'm not. Plus, I'm not cleaning up someone else's shit. Literally. (that's not my child) I feel like I'm going to piss my freaking pants.

So not only am I hormonal from all the normal pregnancy crap, I have a completely empty stomach. Which, even when I'm NOT pregnant, sends me into an emotional rage.

All I want to do is just cry. But I can't. Because I work with men and they're stupid.

Very pointless post. But I also haven't been able to update other than on my previous thread because I can't get to anything on my phone anymore, other than to reply to that one. Finally on the work computer.

I just hate today. :cry:

2. drudai

drudai Well-Known Member

3. Amsan

Amsan Well-Known Member

I just want to go home and cry. That's it. And have someone to go home to to cry with and have them rub my back. But nope. Because my FOB is a piece of shit.

Apparently it's all too much to ask for. :cry:

4. Joyfulsahm

Joyfulsahm Well-Known Member

*hug* I'm sorry dear! I know it's tough! I'm nearly 40 weeks and I feel your pain. I've had a cold twice this pregnancy and thAt was miserable. I haven't dilated as far as I know and the baby has really dropped a lot and I've had a UTI and many sleepless nights. It's a pain but the end is in sight for both of us. It's good you got to rant. Hang in there. The last few weeks are the hardest for sure.

5. bassdesire

bassdesire Well-Known Member

Hugs hugs hugs hugs <3

You know, I'm sure your body won't have baby until you're feeling better. Maybe baby is waiting. I was so sick for two whole weeks and then had one night of decent sleep/not sick and she came the next day.

Anyways, vent away girl. It's so hard at the end. Try not to focus on the getting checked. Maybe don't get checked anymore. It can be more disappointing than anything else, especially since it usually means nothing. You can go from 0-10 in a few hours, or you can stay at 2-3 for weeks.

<3

6. Amsan

Amsan Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies :hugs: It's nice to have people that actually get it!

I'm so sick of hearing people, who aren't pregnant, tell me "well the baby will come when the baby is ready". Okay I get that an all, but I'M ready. And then, their response "well give yourself some alone time because you won't have it anymore!" No shit? I've had 24 years of "alone time". I've had my "party time". I've had my "selfish time". I'm ready for mommy time! I had two losses prior to this pregnancy, I am beyond ready to hold this little baby and beyond ready to just be a mommy.

The only reason he had checked me today was because he's pro-induction, AS LONG as the cervix is favorable. I guess there's some score chart he goes off of, and he won't even consider it unless you're dilated to a 3, 80% effaced, and whatever the "-2" meant, but I don't even know what -number he requires. But, I know its a good thing because had I been induced then the likelihood of it ending in c-section was higher.

I'm just so sick of these hormones!!

7. Dream.dream

Dream.dream SAHM to 2 beautiful boys

The bat thing you can do is distract yourself and relax. Stress hormones actually work against the ones needed for labour .

So try and relax and maybe things will happen

8. TMonster

TMonster Well-Known Member

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I am sorry hun. Sounds like a crummy day.

9. Kitteh_Kat

Kitteh_Kat Mommy <3

-2 refers to the baby's engagement station; +5 is crowning. I'm sorry it's going rough for you, but your baby will be in your arms before you know it! Hope you have an easy and healthy delivery and birth :hugs:

10. Amsan

Amsan Well-Known Member

Thanks ladies. I'm home finally and my mom had pancakes ready for me with a glass of milk when I got here lol.

11. Yipee

Yipee Well-Known Member

Moms are awesome!

Is there any way you can take a few days off work? I know you want to earn as much as possible before baby gets here, but I'll bet a few days of total rest will do wonders for your health, comfort, and mood.

If there's any place you can get in a pool, that will probably help your hip pain a whole lot, and the gentle movement could encourage labor. Supposedly swimming (belly down) is great for getting baby into a good position. Probably cold already where you are, but maybe there's a heated public pool somewhere? Baths are ok, but deep water is just way more effective for stretching and relaxing the back and hips.

12. TriChick

TriChick Mom-Wife-Triathlete:)

With my son, I would get hung up what my effacement/dilation was at each appointment, and would get discouraged that I never seemed to be losing any mucus plug. I kept thinking that it was some indicator of when he would come. Wouldn't you know it, my water spontaneously broke at 38+4 while I was making dinner, without a single warning sign! I realized that those numbers and the amount of plug I WASN'T losing had little to do with when my son chose to join the world:) This time I plan on taking those numbers with a grain of salt. Once 37 weeks rolls around, I'm going to try to wake up every morning with the attitude that "today MIGHT be the day I go into labor!", and go to bed every night thinking "Hmmmm, maybe tonight I'll wake up with contractions!". Maybe this mindset might help ya out, hun? If you keep a positive attitude and a constant sense of excitement, it might not leave much time to dwell on the fact that LO isn't here YET. Every morning will have a little mystery and anticipation to it:) Haha they have to come out EVENTUALLY, right??? (God I hope, lol)

13. MrsH1980

MrsH1980 Mummy to Myka

:hugs: :hugs: sorry you had such a shitty day (literally by the sounds of it) xxx

14. Wilsey

Wilsey Mummy of two!

Nawwww sorry it was such a bad day but yay for pancakes!!!!!

15. broodymrs

broodymrs Mummy to my boys

:hugs: Glad your mum is looking after you hun. I really do know how you feel. I actually did cry after my last appointment when the doctor told me not to hold my breath and I would most likely be back at 41 weeks, and probably even go to 42. Thanks, that's really what you want to hear!! I hope that girl cleaned her own mess up, how gross!!

16. violet_joy

violet_joy Well-Known Member

aw thats nice. pancakes sound like just the ticket. its nothing short of horrible right at the very end, sending u big hugs and hope u meet baby soon!xxxxx

17. Amy89

Amy89 Soulmate, Ollybear, and I

Honey, if you need to lose your shit - do it! When I'm in that kind of mood, NOTHING apart from a big shout about it will make me feel any better! Did it yesterday to my Dad, he knew I was venting so just listened and nodded at the right times, and I got to get all this frustration out :)
    Hope you feel better soon x

18. J.D.

J.D. Well-Known Member

My wife and I were griping about this the other day. We're 37 and have been ttc for 3 years. People say "Oh it'll be such a shock to your life." and we're like "What? We don't go clubbing anymore. We don't even really go to the pub. We spend our evenings at home. We go for day trips to gardens and parks. Everything we do, we can do with a baby. It will be more work, sure, but it's not like having a baby at 19! Also, the change that will happen? WE WANT THAT."

I'm only 36 weeks and Oh my God I feel so ready. My friend is being induced today and I'm almost turning actual green with envy.

19. Amsan

Amsan Well-Known Member

Thanks so much ladies! I've definitely thought about taking a few days off, I just feel bad because this girl is only in her first week of training. I mean they COULD get by without me, but I have this whole "guilty" feeling when I'm not here. I could definitely use the rest though.

There's an indoor pool at the hotel I used to work at. I suppose it wouldn't do any harm to ask if I could use it for a little bit one of these nights. I keep trying this yoga pose that's supposed to help, but it hasn't.

I'm extremely thankful for my mom! She's been there every step of the way and is honestly the best role model of a mother I could have ever had. I'm so grateful to have her to learn after. I know I can't compare to just how awesome she is, but I sure hope to some day.

I've lost my mucus plug already, so that's a start, even though it can regenerate. I thought I felt A contraction last night, but it could have just been him pushing out on my belly too lol. I have to keep reminding myself not to get discouraged, that I still have a week until my estimated due date at least.

I'm feeling a little crampy today, but I also might just have to poop. :dohh: Maybe I'll see about taking a half day of work.

These hormones are a bitch lol. I swear they're as bad as they were in first trimester!

Thanks again for all your support ladies!

20. Amsan

Amsan Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! It's not like I'm going to miss going out. I got all of that out of my system!