Previous Breast Surgery & Pregnancy??

BabyDragon

Expecting my rainbow baby
Reaction score
Anyone who's had a previous breast surgery, and is now pregnant?

10+ years ago, I had a cyst removed from my left breast.

That never really gave me a problem.

However, after having DD, who is now 21m, I caught a NASTY case of mastitis while breast feeding, was hospitalized for almost a week, needed two aspirations, and finally surgery where they removed a hole the size of a damn lemon in the same breast. (Not hormonal, my boobs are barely an A cup.).

Now that the estrogen is making my boobs swell again, OMG it hurts and half my boob feels hard.

I don't see my midwife again for another two weeks.

What should I do?

I had 2 benign tumors removed from my left breast years ago but I didn't have any breast issues while pregnant. (well, aside from the usual pain) I think in your situation I'd go ahead and call the doctor (either the midwife or the doctor who was in charge of your case when you were hospitalized for the mastitis and had surgery) to see if something other than the normal swelling and pain is going on, which it sounds to me like there is. I'm concerned about the half your boob being hard. GL

I'm so glad to find another like myself! This isn't a common occurrence and I find myself asking more questions than I get answers on this subject.

In 2009 I had breast surgery to remove a benign phyllodes tumor from my right breast. It caused considerable pain; in the end an apple size amount of tumor/flesh was removed (sorry, I know it's gross).

I've been told to seek help from my local breastfeeding clinic when it comes time to breastfeed, and that there shouldn't be too many issues. Already since becoming pregnant, my breast has filled out considerably (it was missing quite a bit of tissue and looked odd). There's been no pain so far, which I think is good.

Do you think hormones during pregnancy will play a part in it returning? I know that's more a question for the doctor, but I'm curious to hear your opinions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->