Previous LTTTC #1, unsure when to TTC #2

scoobydrlp

Reaction score
Hi all! Just a little background...it took 2.5 years for us to conceive #1, I had irregular ovulation and DH 0% morphology. We conceived with clomid once at 2 years but miscarried, then conceived successfully at 2.5 years. LO is now 15 months, and lots of the people in my december 2012 birth thread are now TTC again or have already conceived again. I know for sure I want #2, but I'm not sure I'm ready quite yet. The problem with waiting is that I'm 33 now, and if I wait another 1-2 years to start to TTC then it takes us another 2-2.5 years to actually conceive I'll be at an age where they consider my pregnancy "high risk".

What the heck do I do?

I don't have experience in this, but if you were to conceive the first month, your daughter could be 2 when the baby is born, which is a fairly common age gap.
You need to think about both sides, you may get pregnant quickly and have a 2 year age gap, or it could take you another 2 years and she could be 4 already. If you want your daughter to be older for sure, than wait a little longer, but personally I wouldn't wait too much longer, especially if you want another for sure. I think it would be better to have a little bit of craziness with two that are young than maybe missing out on your chance of having another. But only you know how you are coping now, and you're the only one who can make that choice. Good luck.

Hi, we were ltttc for nearly 3 years before we were diagnosed unexplained infertility and got referred for IVF. We were so lucky to conceive first time and I had a text book pregnancy. I always knee I wanted to TTC number 2 straight away but my oh felt the opposite due to the emotional roller coaster we we went through to to conceive our ds, plus I had a traumatic after birth experience. It's only been since Sep last year my oh opened up he wanted another :happydance: so we are WTT July due to moving house and holidays. It's bitter sweet because I do want TTC now just incase it doesn't happen quickly. If we are lucky my ds will be just over 3 when I give birth which I think personally is an ideal age gap (we are potty training at the minute:wacko:) but I suppose there are pros and cons to having a close or spaced out gap. If my oh had agreed earlier we would have TTC straight away.

Good luck :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->