Priorities!!

Sakura15

Reaction score
Hi there ladies,

I'm in a little bit of a bind at the moment. Nothing earth-shattering, but I'm getting my Mirena out tomorrow after work :)happydance:), only to just realise that it clashes with a pretty significant school event that I really should be at - one of those things where I won't affect how the event runs, but as a 'school leader', I should be there to support the kids and chat with parents. But getting the appointment was difficult and I already had to change it twice before, and I really don't want to miss it and throw my timing off again. I feel really guilty, though!!

But then it got me thinking about all the other things I will need to balance in order to keep TTC a high priority. And I can only imagine what that will be like as an actual parent! One difference though is that people will know I'm a parent and be able to understand (I hope), but of course no one knows my TTC plans.

How do you ladies juggle these things? Where people may not know your reasons, but you have to do what you have to do, even if it is a disappointment to others or looks bad....? And for those who already have little ones, what about during that first trimester before you are telling people?

not really a response to your juggling question but i know what you mean about waiting for an appointment, i had to wait like 6 weeks to have my implant out it was a nightmare!!

Yep. On my way now....slightly nervous but feeling ready for this step!

I have a 21 months old and we are waiting until the end of this year to start trying for # 2 and I work full time - the juggling is very difficult and often for me means I have to compromise/ sacrifice. I have given up a lot of strides in my career for my family and I am ok with that. Pregnancy is the easy part... as far as taking time off for appointments before you tell people you just do it... My priority is my daughter so everything and everyone else in the world comes after :) and it has been that way since the moment I found out I was pregnant. Good Luck

I agree. I have a full time job and 2 kids (hopefully another on the way soon). It is a major juggling act but you get pretty good at time management and just prioritize.

For me the pregnancy appointments were easy because I found an OB that has night hours so I always went at like 530 or 545 until I started going weekly and then I had to do some lunchtime ones.

People will understand and if they can't then to bad. lol

I never had an implant so I didn't know that it took so long to get an appointment to have it removed. I'm glad your getting started.

When it came to pregnancy I had a really easy first trimester. I was a little nauseous and tired but I only had one appointment at 8 weeks and then my 12 week ultrasound fell over Christmas break so it was no problem. Nobody questioned anything until I announced at 14 weeks.

Like a pp said once I found out I was pregnant he came before everybody and everything else. Sometimes I feel a little guilty calling in when he is sick or taking time for doctors but at the end of the day I am his momma and have to what is best for him. What I figure is most people I work with (I work in the schools as well) also have children and understand. We plan to start ttc our next when I am out for summer break so that I can relax and I can go to all my appointments (will likely need help again as ds was conceived on Clomid and I don't appear to be ovulating still).

Thanks ladies!

I don't know if I'll be so fortunate to have holidays line up with 'delicate' times, but it's encouraging to hear you talk about how you have approached it. I suppose it's just one small part of how life changes, and I sometimes feel a little nervous about dealing with these new challenges (even though this one was really tiny).

I had two close together (my baby was just turned 5months when I found out I was 4 and a half weeks gone again lol), and juggling...whats that? haha! No but you do find that your priorities go completely out the window. For me, my time is when they are in bed and thats when I get my stuff done. Its hard, but you get on with it and it works :) xx

I just put my family as no 1 priority always. Well my little boy actually as my marriage has taken a bit of a back seat too. When I was pregnant I told my boss at 8 weeks as I had severe morning sickness so there was no hiding that. I'm lucky my employer is family friendly and uk employment rights protect you for having time off for appointments, sickness due to pregnancy etc (I was ill throughout really so had a lot of time off, working reduced hours, etc). Once I was back at work it was tough as putting my ds in nursery while I went back did feel like I was prioritising my career but after a long battle with work I got part time hours so it's easier to manage now. I've also been promoted (surprisingly after the hours fiasco!) so at least I'm getting recognition at work, but everyone is very clear my family comes first

Good luck Hun
Go what you feels right for your situation
You will manage as you adjust we always do after all our bodies take care of the hard part, there's no time like the present and they will have to remember at work that your first priorities are and always will be your family, then work

I had the mirena removed Monday, didn't get the mood swings or 'crash' of hormones like I have read about, no bleed till day 2 and lasted 2 days wasn't heavy as such just a couple of pad changes throughout the whole day.

Keep us posted x

sarahuk: wow! good on you!

broodymrs: glad that things have worked out so you get the balance you want. hope i'll be as lucky!

yes, oldermummy78: that's exactly what i did and will continue to do. the thing that kind of clicked for me is that i am the only one responsible for my body and my own needs, and when the time comes, for my growing lo. I'm replaceable at work, but not where those things are concerned, so i just need to do what i need to do for myself/loved ones when i need to do it!
I found the other thread where you were talking about Mirena - see you over there :thumbup:

True on the relationship backburn. My fiance and I have obviously a lot less time for each other and "us". But it does make the time we do get together super special :) x

It does that's why we put our lo to bed same time each night a little later on party's or weekends then we get our time , couples need this as we quickly lose sight and drift apart I had that in the past

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->