private medical scan

mickey

Reaction score
hello to all of u :hi:

my third trimester has begun and birth is coming closer...

nevertheless is the time gap between the second NHS-scan (was mid of July) and the baby's due date (mid of November) to long to wait for me :cry:

therefore I would like to obtain a private medical scan, but I do not have a private health insurance.

can anybody give me an address were I can get a private medical scan, which makes my wallet not shaking in my hand?

we are living west inner London!

thanks to all of u, Angie

Not sure hun, but a Google search should bring up plenty of companies.
A place near us does a fetal well-being scan for £120.

You have to pay for an further scans past the standard ones the NHS do and sadly they do cost.

Look up 4d scans london

Baby Bond is popular:
https://www.babybond.com/london.html

https://www.babybond.com/4dscan.html

up to 32 weeks is best x

we were planning to do a 4D-scan, but then we thought it might be better to have some medical information to come with the scan!

unfortunately a 2D-growing-scan is more expensive than a 4D-bonding-scan
:(

When we went for a scan they print out something for your bounty folder (for mw etc) and there were 2 copies one for us. What kind of medical info? You go for a scan and if anything is concerning they have to tell you ... I asked at ours :D

@ Hels

can you give me the name of this place. that's sounds like the cheapest I found so far!

@ Wobbles

with medical information I mean the babies weight, size, the amount of amnionic fluid etc...

for me, it seems to figure out mentally difficult not having a scan anymore! probably 'cos in Germany you get a scan every month (but therefore you are paying about £150 health insurance every month!!!)

Hels isn;t in London I believe anyway ... it varies place to place. Google & yellow pages are you best bet for local.

No idea whats on my print out but theres quite a bit of info - best to find a place and ask them do they do notes on your scan too if so what.

Yeah, sorry Im in East Yorks, This is called the Leeds Screening Centre. Unfortunatley I dont have a phone no.

Would cost more on train or half in petrol from London lol x

I was looking around and the prices in London vary between £150-£180

seems, there is no cheaper option :coffee:

Expensive isn't it ... but worth it :D we only got he pics & are only getting pics on the 2nd one at 29 weeks :D

yes, it is expensive, so I am considering at the moment!

people in hospital and birth centre also adviced me, there is no need if everything else is fine.

to be honest, at the moment I don't have a clue what to do :wacko:

@ my last midwife appoinment on friday she told me in which position the baby is lying now.

that was what I was most curious about as I felt like she has moved position and I wanted to know if she is head down, what she is :headspin:

Ah bless. I just wanted to see everything was ok and they do tell you how they are lay etc. but the 4d pics are cool I got mine at the earliest I cannot wait for next one to see how much she has changed :D x

so, Wobbles are you referring to your 4D-scan?

they tell you at the 4D-scan as well, if everything is fine etc...

'cos a 4D-scan is cheaper (£85) than a growth scan.

funny ey?

Oh I found they take the piss with prices! A reassurance scan was £200 and sort of advertises that its good for women with previous losses! I think thats discusting!

I had a 4D scan for £85 - 4 pics. We seen the bubs she answered when we asked where she was laying and pointed diff bits out, she then did a check over for a report they have to give you to put in your notes for MW to see & because someone asked before I asked the girl if there was anything concerning do they have to tell you and she said yes so if they don't tell you anything is concerning then theres nothing. :D

thx, Wobbles :hi:

we have decided to go for a 4D-scan.

not booked yet, but :headspin:

I am going for a 4D scan today @ 11am so i will post you my pics later. Hope you get to have one done. Im very excited.:happydance: x

oh thx, that's kind of you

looking for to seeing your scan

we are just about to book one

:hi:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs