Private Scan Advice

fizz63

Reaction score
Hi. I am only 5 and a half weeks pregnant but am thinking about going private for a nuchal scan.

Can anyone please advise when is the right time for one of these scans ? My friend says between 11-13 weeks, some people on here go at 8 weeks or 10 weeks but what is the best time to go.

I want to have an nhs 12 week scan as well so would i be best going for a private scan at 10 weeks ?

your advise would be much appreciated, as this is all rather confusing to a newbie like me :shrug:

A nuchal scan needs to be done between 11-13 weeks. Earlier scans aren't NT scans, just reassurance ones. They say about 12 weeks is best. The baby has to be at least 42mm CRL to do the NT scan. At 11 weeks when I had my NT scan my baby measured 11+3 and 46mm (for reference)

From what i've seen on here most people book private scans between 8-10 weeks

x

where do you book private scans if you dont mind me asking? :)

NT scans have to be done between 11 and 13 weeks. If you have a scan done earlier than that, they will just check baby's measurement and heartbeat. My hospital did the NT measurement and blood test (combined test) as part of the routine 12 week scan, so I would check to make sure you will not be offered it before you pay for it privately.

Nuchal scans are done between 11-14 weeks.

Scans that are done earlier than that (my doctor said 6-8 weeks ideal time) are for reassurance, to tell how many babies are in there, for viability of the pregnancy, to check that things are developing in the right place and to date the pregnancy.

Good luck with your scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->