Private scan at 8weeks only measuring 4weeks please help!!

pinktractor

Reaction score
Hi All Im really hoping someone has been in this situation and can offer advise. My last period was 29th Dec I had positive test FRER and clear blue digi 24th Jan on wards tested till I had nice strong lines so by my dates Im 8 weeks give or take a day .
Due to missed miscarriage before my daughter I decided to have a 8 week reassurances scan privately the scanner has informed me that there is a sac however it only measures 4 weeks and could not see anything inside but did say that would be normal for 4 weeks. My question has anyone been the same and had a good outcome at further scan? Im trying to be positive but can not see how I can get positives four weeks after last period and then only be four weeks at 8 weeks past period.

Was it a vaginal or abdominal scan? Are they rescanning you? Im hope all works out well for you x

Did you ever get blood work done?
My last period was Jan 1...

I got my BFP on Feb 8.

Got bloods done on Feb 10--26...then Feb 12--78

Since they came back so low (but did triple in 48 hours) they put me on progesterone and also assumed I ovulated late...

Is it possible you ovulated late? Or maybe they are calculating weeks from ovulation and not LMP?

Thank you for your replys it was a abdominal scan.
I did not have bloods done just used frer tests and had good progression. It was a private company that I had the scan they said I can return in two weeks however I'm think of contacting early pregnancy unit tomorrow and asking if I can have internal scan and maybe bloods. I had positive tests four weeks ago just can't see how I could now only be four weeks

I heard before ten weeks abdominal a are really inaccurate, I would speak to the early pregnancy team and see what they say x

thank you for replys I have seen Doctor today he contacted early pregnancy unit and has arranged a scan for Monday for internal scan ! I really do not know what to think :nope: .

Try and relax about the scan...
I am sure everything will turn out fine!

Monday seems like a long time to wait! Really hoping for the best for you xx

I agree a vaginal scan is SO MUCH BETTER! They can't see much at this point with an abdominal scan. I have everything crossed for you.

Fingers crossed for good news for you. My experience though was that much of a discrepancy and an empty sac was a blighted ovum. They did however insist on waiting to see if HCG dropped or the sac reached 5 weeks size and was still empty before actually declaring the diagnosis. Good luck to you.

Lots of luck pinktractor - not had any experience in this but noticed you're a Shropshire girl (me too!) so cheering you on and hoping for the very best outcome.

I'm pretty sure..like really sure.. that at that stage in pregnancy you should have an internal scan to get accurate results. I know nothing will feel better until your internal scan but I hope this eases your mind a little bit! Big hugs

Thank you all so much for your lovely messages. I will update on Monday x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->