Private scan??

shocker

Reaction score
Im thinking of paying to get a private scan as i was told today that i wont have my first scan until 12-16 weeks and i dont think i can wait that long!! I found a place with a good reputation which seems good but has anyone gotten it done? im worried that if i get it too early they wont be able to hear/see anything and i'll go insane with worry :wacko: anyone have one of these early?

mine wasnt private mine was nhs but i had my first scan i was ment to be 8 weeks but turned out i was only 6 weeks 5 days wen i had the scan. they couldnt hear a heart beat or anything with the normal scan wich was scairy and i cryed but then they gave me an internal scan wasnt verry plesent but i got to see my baby and seen it had a heart beat and seen red lights that indicate blood flow was the most loverly experence to see.

I had an early scan at 5 weeks, baby could be seen but no heartbeat. At 6w2d for me the heartbeat was present.
By the time your fitted in for a private scan u will be nearly 9 wks so well worth it. Here is a pic of my 6w2d scan, just a blob but meant the world to me x

I m/c last time at 5w and didnt have anything so this time i've kept the lot including my positive test and thats why this blob pic was so important to me - go 4 it xx

Attachments

• 6w2d.jpg
    6w2d.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 13
I would love one but cheapest price around here is £100 and I don't have that kind of spare money :( x

I've just booked myself one for 26th - I should be 8 weeks 3 days by then so am hoping to see heartbeat :D
It's going to cost me £70 but for me that's worth it to know that all is well or to find out it isn't so that I can take action quickly

i had one yesterday at 8 weeks. I had a horrible feeling something was wrong so it was worth the £100

Yeah ive been really worried, havnt had any reason to be just jitters but the cheapest i could find was 145 euros which is crazy!

To be on the safe side you need to go after 7 wks min. Most decent private companies would prefer you to come once you are 8 wks so there is the best chance of seeing a heartbeat. £65 is the cheapest one I know but they are just in Warrington and Wakefield but a wonderful service and a great price.

You have to figure out which one will drive you more crazy. Waiting another three or four weeks wondering how everything is doing, OR, finding out that you may be early, they might not see everything straight away, etc. I think because your already at 8 weeks, chances are that they will see everything just fine and dandy. Maybe double check your own calendar and see when the latest possible time is that you could have conceived? That way you can be prepared if they say it's earlier. Chances are everything is just fine though!

I'm the same my hospital appointment is not until I'm 11/12 weeks, so we booked an early scan. My appointment is on the 14th Sept and I can't wait:happydance:. Its costing 120euro but it will be worth it

I was wondering the same, to pay for an early one or wait until week 12. I think I will wait til I have my first doc appointment next Tuesday and then decide. Would love to know everything is ok, but also worried about something going wrong after having an early scan.... tricky !

when is the best time to go for a private nuchal scan ? i understand nhs scan at 12 weeks. I am only 5 weeks at the moment, so very early at the moment, but when should i be planning to have my private scan ? i have heard 8 weeks, some say 10 but some people says between 11-13???

any advice ?

All the places ive looked at said 8 and there was one that said 6, if you want to see anything though id wait til 10?
Ive decided to wait til the 12 weeks and just try and calm down, i have no reason to worry about miscarriage no symptoms or anything abnormal i just cant relax for worrying about it though because reading about everything ive come across it a lot and it seems like it happens so often that im after just working myself into a tizzy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"