• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Private Scans

Kitty23

Mummy to Poppy and Noah
Reaction score
Anyone had a private early viabilty scan?

I'm thinking of booking one at 7 weeks at a private hospital not too far from us, as down here you don't get a NHS scan until 12-14 weeks. I'm too impatient!

Has anyone done it and was it worth the money? And how many weeks were you?

xxx

I looked into one and the only one I can find for cornwall is in Truro. They charge a min of £99 which I'm sorry but I would rather spend on something for my baby. I know the machines are expensive to operate etc, but I do think they are making money out of people and taking advantage because we are so desperate to see our little ones:shrug:

I had one at 8 weeks.
Was worth the money £90 for the reasurance :)

If you can afford it go for it

I had a private scan at 7+6 and it was worth every penny i paid £70 at the leeds screening center i was like you very impatient lol and would agree if you can afford it go for it.i would google your area for private scans and check out prices.xx

I am having one at The Baby Skan Studio in Truro, on Saturday. It is £95 and I can't wait!

If you can afford it - go for it! Mine was £60 and I was 8+4 - could see the heart beating away and although baby just looked like a bean, it was very reassuring to hear that everything looked normal. Meant I could relax a little.

I've got my dating scan at 12 weeks, I'll be paying for a gender scan at 16 weeks (£70), the anomoly scan at 20 weeks.... and I think for my birthday/xmas pressie my family will pay for me to have a 4D scan at 28 weeks. I love it! How I'll last from 28 weeks to 40 weeks without a scan is beyond me :)

there are a few recent posts about this

Do it!! I paid £100 for mine and it was well worth it as I was getting panicky
xx

Lol I'm glad I'm not the only one who's impatient!

I phoned up to book the appointment and had to leave a message, I'm all anxious now, I want to phone up again to see if the lady is at her office yet!

I think until I see it on the scan I won't believe its real :) oooh so exciting! xxx

DH finally believed it when he saw it so it was worth it as well for him to finally realise!

I had mine done at 8 weeks so I would try and wait until then. At 5-6 weeks you might panic as not much is developed. When were you thinking of getting it done?

Just a question - I will only be 8+5 so will a private scanning studio have an attachment to do vaginal scanning, or will it only be an abdominal scanner? I am a bit concerned about this now. :S

at 8+5 an abdominal should be ok. Mine was abdominal but even if they do vaginal it's ok. I had a vaginal one done to confirm PCOS and it was nothing!! (It's thinner than a man's you know what? :rofl: )

Just a question - I will only be 8+5 so will a private scanning studio have an attachment to do vaginal scanning, or will it only be an abdominal scanner? I am a bit concerned about this now. :S

Mine was abdominal at 8+4. Had a nice full bladder (but not painfully full) and she got some really good pics (see my avatar pic!)

Carrie most of the clinics I've looked up do the trans vaginal scan because it can be hard to pick anything up on the tummy ones :)

Chele, I'm thinking of getting it done at 7weeks. Don't ask why I can't wait until 8 weeks lol. I wouldn't try to get one at the mo at 5 weeks because I doubt there is anything to look at lol. I want to see a little heartbeat :) ooooh sooo excited! x

Yeah 7 weeks should be ok and should see the hearbeat
Oh it's such a wonderful experience especially when you hear the hear beating away so fast! let us knwo when you'be booked it for x

Are you nervous about what you will see, Tabby? I definitely am. Good luck with yours.x

Lol I'm a bit worried! I worry its all in my head lol and the tests are all wrong! I know it irrational but thats me! Good luck with yours to xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"