Private schooling?

Pixxie

Mum to 1 little girl
Reaction score
Hi everyone just a quick one, do any of you use private schools? If so please could you tell me how much this costs you per yer, what year your child is in and what area you live in?

I went to a few private primary schools and it helped me so much I really want it for my future kids, Im just trying to get an idea of the cost :thumbup: xxx

Hi,

I'm currently finding information for my LO as I am seriously considering putting him into private education from pre-prep level. I had originally said that we would wait until senior school (this is what I had) but no harm in starting as we mean to go on. As far as I can tell the pre-prep stages are similar costs to a private nursery (after all this is pretty much what they are for the most part) so you're looking at up to £2k a term.

Prep I've found an average of about £3-3.5k a term and senior goes up to £6k a term. It all depends on the school - I've found cheaper and I've found more expensive. We're moving soon, so as soon as we're settled I'm going to call around the verious schools, explain out circumstances and ask about them sending me a prospectus and details of any bursaries or schemes that they can offer, and try to get saving. Pre-prep is from 2-7 and if I'm going to have to pay for private nursery anyway, we may as well get benefit lol.

Sorry I can't be much help. Good luck in your search and your pregnancy.

My eldest son attends private school, he is almost 14. He weekly boards and offhand (my husband deals with it all) the fees are around £4500 a term. I do know his school is not as expensive as some. I liked it as it has a 'relaxed' vibe though and isn't snobby.

I have to say, in my case, private school was really a last option and only something I considered as the only alternative was my son travelling for over an hour each way to the nearest decentish comp (local comp isn't just bad, it's dreadful) and he liked the boarding school and wanted to go there.

I don't believe that generally private schools are any better than state schools and I am hoping my other children can stay in state education.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->