• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

pro gest cream and cyclogest pessary

Kaychikan

Reaction score
Hi ladies, long story short. I had 3 early miscarriage and not much help from the hospital so did some research and ordered some progest off amazon. I got my bfp 2weeks ago and have been prescribed cyclogest 400mg per day. So my question is should I stop the prepay now im on cyclogest or continue with both? Internet reviews tend to sway towards progest being better than cyclogest but I don't want to risk inducing another mc
Any advice appreciated

Im unfamiliar with cyclogest.. is it a brand name for progesterone? I too have been considering going on progesterone as I have had no luck so far maintaining pregnancies. This one, I've added baby aspirin to the prenatals but I'm still so early its hard to tell if its making a difference or not. let me know how things go

advice: ask your doctor/midwife what you should do concerning the progesterone/cyclogest b/c I do know that proges. requires a very strict dosage and timing and you have to stop using it once youre in the 2nd tri ... if you dont follow the dosage precisely, you risk miscarriage.. scary i know but ive heard many success stories concerning proges. good luck!

400mg cyclogest is a strong dose so I would suggest only to use that. I was on 200mg and it helped so think 400mg would be enough in your case.

I'm currently on 400mg of cyclogest too. I don't know much about what you bought off Amazon. I would just be scared of lowering the dose in case it brought on a bleed or something.

The ProGest cream is only 20mg per dose, so a very small amount compared to your prescribed progesterone. I'd ask your doctor, but I'm guessing it's fine to stop the cream.

Thanks ladies im down to my last 4 'portions' of progest so will have to cut down anyway as not got enough to last so thjnk il do one a day instead of 4 and see how I go. Fx that its works couldn't cope if I brought on my mc x

Just to update used last progest a few days ago. Been for my reassurance scan today an peanut doing fine. Ive had more delivered so debating whether to start using it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"