• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Probably hormones playing up but could use some support!

Lallie81

Reaction score
Hi all,

Am 8 weeks with my 2nd and although this baby was very much planned and wanted I can't help but feel so down. All I seem to be able to think about is the things I'm dreading going through again and how nervous I am about having 2 with both DH and I working full time.

Am I being a normal, hormonal mess or do I need to do something to pull myself together?:cry:

I would say it's totally normal xx I have days when I'm super ecstatic with zero worries but no 2 days are the same ... I have the odd day when I'm over thinking about how I'll cope too .... mainly pregnacy worries! ... I expect we will feel better in the 2nd trimester when symptoms ease off and we have a bit more energy :) xxx

I think it's pretty normal. I've had days throughout this pregnancy that I feel really upset and I worry constantly about absolutely everything. I'm worried about the pregnancy and labor/delivery. I'm worried about how I'm going to handle three kids, I worry about how my relationship will change with OH. It's never-ending sometimes. I think a lot of it is normal hormones and it'll get better when you get into second tri. If it doesn't get any better, it gets worse, or you just can't function with these thoughts/feelings anymore I'd start looking into counseling or something similar. But at this point, I think it's just hormones. Keep hanging in there hun :hugs:

I feel the same way...I worry much more this time as I know what to expect.

I agree with another poster, some days I am ecstatic and have no worries and others I am really worried about this.

Thank you all, am actually feeling a bit more positive today.

Met a girlfriend for lunch and chatted about her problems instead of mine...made the world of difference!:haha:

Totally not on your own. I'm pregnant with number 2, surprise unexpected pregnancy.i have days where I'm excited and can't wait the others where I dread it,I haven't actually been able to bond with this baby yet which makes me feel terrible cause with my daughter the minute I saw 2 lines it was an instant connection of love. With this one I just don't how to feel. Every day is different hopefully by then end of 9 months everything will fall into place. :)

I'm excited for a newborn. Not so much a toddler, preschooler lol. They are devils as much as they are cuties :p Either way there's lots to look forward to and dread at the same time. I can't even believe I'm allowing myself to go back to changing diapers. Insanity!

I am feeling the same; pregnant with #2. We planned this pregnancy and I was super excited when I got a BFP but a few days later I started thinking what it will mean (another 2-3 years of diapers, sleepless nights, having to get back into shape, etc etc). I am also feeling really sick in the 1st Tri - very tired, cant eat much, nauseous and I keep thinking I cant even handle my life now (and I have alot of help!), what will I do with a preschooler, a baby, full time job, house to take care of, etc etc... I am seriously freaking out. Glad to hear Im not the only one. I have to keep reminding myself that I wanted this and it'll be ok.

I feel completely the same way. I waited to try for this baby for almost a year and a half, I was so excited, but then once I found out I was pregnant I was like "omg I'm crazy". Haha. My son is amazing...he's literally the best child in the world (although I may be a little biased). So I have moments where I'm like "why am I doing this all again?" or times where I'll feel bad that it won't just be the three of us anymore. But then I'll see a picture on Facebook of a friend's newborn baby and it reminds me of how badly I want another baby and then I get excited again! I think no matter how many kids you have it's completely normal to get those jitters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"