Probably just being paranoid...

Andi86

Pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Ok I never was able to attach my tests back when I got my BFP. It always said file too large. I finally figured out how. Anyway I was comparing my tests from my pregnancy with my son to my pregnancy with this one and it kinda worries me. So the pic with 4 tests is this pregnancy. I wasn't sure how many dpo I was when I got my bfp so that's why I just numbered them. By dtd date and when I think I ovulated believe the first test was around 13-14dpo and I tested every morning for 4 days until I ran out of frer's .
The other tests are from my pregnancy with my son .the fainter one is 10dpo and the darker 11 dpo. Progression was a lot faster with my son and it got dark quickly.
I know I'm like 10 weeks now but I'm still worried what if it's a missed miscarriage or something wasn't right. My scan is next week and I'm so worried. I had a chemical before and had faint lines at 15 and 16 dpo so I'm thinking that's why the line boldness is freaking me out a bit.

Anyway I guess I'm just looking for some reassurance. Does the 4 tests look like anyone else's tests between 13-17dpo? Did everything turn out ok? Should they have been darker? I just want my scan to be now so I can stop worrying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-03-22-05-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-03-22-05-33.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 48
  • attachment-2.jpg
    attachment-2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 28
  • attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 19
Here's a better pic of test #4 it shows better in this one. I figure I was about 17dpo here. I must also say I did get a 1-2 on a digi the day after this and 2 days later a urine test at the doctors to confirm pregnancy but didn't see how dark that one was.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-08-03-22-39-21.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-08-03-22-39-21.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 15
I stop testing after that...do u think taking a digi now at 10 weeks and seeing if it says 3+ would help my nerves?

Did your ob not do any beta hcg? To kinda give you an idea if your numbers were doubling? And do you have any symptoms of pregnancy, I honestly think you're fine probably just nervous now cause your scan date is getting closer, other than the PT's anything else make you doubt or think something was wrong? But I totally understand the worry we all do! I pray and hope all is well with your upcoming scan, keep us updated!

It might, but I've heard something about once your hcg reaches a certain point PT's don't really work they kinda all come out faint but I'm not sure on that!

No I didn't get beta's this time. Honestly it seems all very slack this time. With my son I was seeing a fertility doctor so he did beta's and everything. This time I conceived on my own and they just do urine test to confirm

I haven't had any bleeding or anything but when I had my chemical I didn't bleed until 2 weeks after the lines turned BFN and after that I didn't have a cycle for 110 days. I guess I'm just worried my body is doing something crazy like that again...

I totally understand your worry! I took pregnancy tests every week of my pregnancy that lasted 15 weeks. (She was lost due to a trisomy). All my tests were super dark. I'd compare apples to apples if it was me and take another frer. I'm guessing it's super dark by now. With your earlier tests your hcg may have been on the low end of normal and that's why your tests were lighter. But it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your baby. My hcg started lower with this pregnancy than it did with my third (first betas were 162 and 328 respectively). But so far this baby seems fine. I bet your little one is too. Are you on progesterone?

I had a chemical pregnancy last summer, and it caused me to obsess over test progression and darkness with this pregnancy. My tests didn't seem to look anything like everyone else's at the same stage. My betas weren't super high, either, but they weren't low. At 4w6d my beta was 664. That same day some of my cheapie HPTs were finally showing lines with matching darkness... yet my midwife ran a test at their office and said the test was so faint that she expected that I would miscarry soon. (Which is why she ordered the Betas ran in the first place.) It was all so stressful, but a week later my betas showed that the levels were doubling appropriately (7650-ish at 5w6d) and I'm now 23 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl.

All that to say, test comparisons don't mean as much as you might think. The only way they can be remotely informative is if you are using them to compare progression in your own pregnancy, and even then they can be misleading.

I would really try not to worry. I know it's hard... but I missed out on enjoying my entire first trimester because I was so convinced that there wasn't a living baby in there. Grab another cheap test and use it if you think it might make you feel better. Grab an extra, though, just in case a line doesn't show up, because that can happen due to the "hook effect" once you're further along... and you would need to dilute your urine and try again in that case.

I really think you're okay, though. Wishing you lots of luck and a happy & healthy nine months up ahead. <3

I should also mention that with my mmc's my preg tests were super dark and progressed quickly. So tests that darken early don't necessarily mean it's a healthy baby. I just have a hunch that your scan next week will be fine.

Hiya Hun,

Just to say as well different babies can implant on different days. With my son, I didn't get a hint of a line until 14 dpo, DD1 it was a squinted at 9dpo and with DD2 it was a clear positive at 7dpo.

So if I had compared my tests to each they would have been vastly different as well.

Good luck - I'm sure everything is fine xxxxx

I think your tests look great, I didnt have a positive test at all this pregnancy until what should have been, according to my positive opk, 19dpo! 5 days late for AF. It was insane waiting that long and the line was very faint.
Best of luck at your scan! It is always nerve wracking.

Thank you all! Until I see that little baby move around and hear that heart beating at the first scan I'm so nervous. I worried with my son too and I completely ruined the first trimester because I was so scared of miscarriage the whole time. I've been better this time around but now that the scan is approaching my nerves are getting to me. All your comments help...less then a week to go and I will (hopefully) be able to relax a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->